Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
I made a list of all (?) giallo movies from the sixties up to 1979 with the composers behind each film. For me it is a list I made to keep track of all the gialli I have seen and still need to check out. Also I want to collect all their scores...
I am going to make a list for the couple of giallo movies from 1980 and onwards, but that will be for the future.

I know a lot of people here enjoy these movies and their socres, so I might as well share this with you all. I create a google doc. I never did this before, so not sure if everything is showing and works as I want it to. See please leave any comments or tips.

Here is the file:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

As you can see a lot of data is still missing. But give me time :-)

Can someone confirm the file is accessible?
It most certainly is, Bez. What a great idea. I'll use this to keep track of the too few I've seen and the far too many I have not. Cheers!
Have you checked out the books on giallo.

So Deadly, So Perverse by Troy Howarth. There are two volumes it's fairly comprehensive, and mentions whether the soundtracks have been released previously up to the time of publishing anyway.
monsterworship wrote:Have you checked out the books on giallo.

So Deadly, So Perverse by Troy Howarth. There are two volumes it's fairly comprehensive, and mentions whether the soundtracks have been released previously up to the time of publishing anyway.
I have both books. I added a tab SDSP the show if a movie is mentioned in those books. Troy Howarth considers not all of the movies in this list to be giallo. For instance he states that a giallo has to be made/produced in Italy, I have also added some from Spain that in contents and style have everything a giallo is.
Whether a movie is truly a giallo is sometimes open for debate. But not having seen all of them myself I have to rely on the opinions of others as well.
I updated the list with a lot of Discogs links and formats on which the scores were released.

For instance zooming in on the Stelvi Cipriani releases there is a lot to wish for. Only 1 score of the 9 has been released on vinyl. 2 others are in the works by DWRC. 5 are only available on CD (Digitmovies or Beat) and 1 is only available on CD as part of a compilation.

Bruno Nicolai also has 9 scores in this list with 7 available on vinyl (6LP's + 1 10").
Ah, we've all been there on Discogs, asking to cut a deal if we buy a couple more albums off a seller... which means shipping goes up and then, just as you put the transition through your PayPal, it suddenly hits you that you've spent far more than ever intended... :)

Will be making good use of this list. Great idea.
milliondollars wrote:nice list man! certainly too hours to do it.

funniest thing starts from line 320 though...
Haha. That is pretty funny. In the end it wasn't the best deal I got. Oh well, live and learn.