A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By Bezulsqy
#154755
I wanted to watch some more Ron Silver movies after seeing him in Silent Rage and I found Silkwood. Starring Meryl Streep, Kurt Russel and Cher...
Very small role for Ron Silver. And it is a movie I could watch together with my girlfriend. Unlike The Entity...
We watched it last Friday. Great movie, although maybe a bit slow and long (131minutes). Meryl Streep was excellent in it.
User avatar
By Bezulsqy
#154761
ScoJo wrote: ↑Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:59 pm I predict some prime JCVD in your NEAR FUTURE
I am not going to rewatch Timecop this soon. But did you know JCVD made two movies this year? And I still need to watch them...

Loved Blue Steel btw.
User avatar
By Bezulsqy
#154767
I am pretty sure that this ine was never played back to back with any JCVD movie…

Image
User avatar
By Bezulsqy
#154782
^ very boring but half a point extra for the score

Now a 2021 JCVD flick I still hadn’t seen.

Image
User avatar
By The Cult Leader
#154784
MV5BMjA0MjIyOTI3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODM5NTY5MQ@@._V1_.jpg
MV5BMjA0MjIyOTI3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODM5NTY5MQ@@._V1_.jpg (334.12 KiB) Viewed 2971 times
Got distracted the first time I tried to watch this. Giving it another shot today.
User avatar
By inksb
#154785
The Cult Leader wrote: ↑Thu Sep 26, 2024 2:10 am Got distracted the first time I tried to watch this. Giving it another shot today.
Love this one. Been years since I last watched it. Probably could do with a rewatch
User avatar
By inksb
#154805
Screenshot 2024-09-30 092447.png
Screenshot 2024-09-30 092447.png (348.74 KiB) Viewed 2909 times

Cuckoo dir by Tilman Singer

This is definitely not on the same level as Luz, that said I enjoyed the film. It's a weird little thing that over explains it's premise in the final act. A little long winded but enjoyable performances from the lead actress and Dan Stevens. I can't imagine I'll return to it much but it's worth checking out


Screenshot 2024-09-30 092509.png
Screenshot 2024-09-30 092509.png (299.44 KiB) Viewed 2909 times

Shaun of the Dead

Still a master class in horror comedy. This and Hot Fuzz are just those movies I can put on at any time and just be happy about it. The misses and I are doing doing a horror theme for our October viewings this year. Feel like we kicked it off pretty well here. The list is far too long (over 40 films) especially with the new releases we want to squeeze in to but it'll be enjoyable working through a bunch of them
User avatar
By Bezulsqy
#154808
inksb wrote: ↑Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:29 pm Screenshot 2024-09-30 092447.png


Cuckoo dir by Tilman Singer

This is definitely not on the same level as Luz, that said I enjoyed the film. It's a weird little thing that over explains it's premise in the final act. A little long winded but enjoyable performances from the lead actress and Dan Stevens. I can't imagine I'll return to it much but it's worth checking out



Screenshot 2024-09-30 092509.png


Shaun of the Dead

Still a master class in horror comedy. This and Hot Fuzz are just those movies I can put on at any time and just be happy about it. The misses and I are doing doing a horror theme for our October viewings this year. Feel like we kicked it off pretty well here. The list is far too long (over 40 films) especially with the new releases we want to squeeze in to but it'll be enjoyable working through a bunch of them
Looking forward to seeing which movies you end up watching this month.
Unfortunately my girlfriend dislike horror tremendously. I was hoping to fit in 31 horror movies this month, but since my house is still under renovation I won't be able to watch that many this month. But half should be possible.

And I still need to watch a lot of the newer releases but I keep on postponing them due to not having my surround sound set installed... I am going for mostly stereo or mono flicks at the moment :-)
User avatar
By static14
#154830
Got my copy in the mail today. Won’t have a chance to watch it tonight though sadly.
Attachments
IMG_7829.jpeg
IMG_7829.jpeg (118.21 KiB) Viewed 2874 times
User avatar
By bpwlogan
#154838
20241004_181138.jpg
20241004_181138.jpg (182.06 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
Great films guys need to pick up The Hitcher in 4K.
User avatar
By Bezulsqy
#154842
I am starting my October horror movies with some Vinegar Syndrome restoration projects.

Delusion aka The House Where Death Lives (1981)

Image
User avatar
By inksb
#154857
Screenshot 2024-10-08 125822.png
Screenshot 2024-10-08 125822.png (281.38 KiB) Viewed 2791 times
Strange Darling

I'm not too sure how I feel about this one. It's well made, the acting is great but the story didn't really work for me. It only "works" due to the structure of the narrative. I have to wonder if I would have enjoyed it more if it was structured in a linear fashion. Worth checking out I think but it may not work for everyone

Also side note: don't open your film with a giant splash of text proclaiming it was shot on 35mm
Screenshot 2024-10-08 125949.png
Screenshot 2024-10-08 125949.png (326.38 KiB) Viewed 2791 times

PG Psycho Goreman

I think I enjoyed this more on this revisit than I did on my initial viewing. It's big dumb fun, feels kind of like a Troma film but not quite as obnoxious. I'm really looking forward to their next film Frankie Freako, check out the trailer if you haven't seen it

Screenshot 2024-10-08 125920.png
Screenshot 2024-10-08 125920.png (463.61 KiB) Viewed 2791 times

What We Do In The Shadows

Still an absolute blast to watch
  • 1
  • 287
  • 288
  • 289
  • 290
  • 291
  • 314