Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By CrossedPete
Hatter313 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:25 pm
CrossedPete wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:26 pm Trancers was a big enough movie that they made six of them? I can’t believe I’ve never heard of it before.
“Big enough” is a relative term when it comes to Band and Full Moon. They just sort of churn ‘em out once they have a concept they like.
Ha your right about that. I didn’t think if it like that.
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter nailed it. You definitely don't need all six. At all. In fact, it's a big step down after the first film and only gets iffier from there.
By Bub
CrossedPete wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:02 pm image.jpgIve seen most of these movies but a couple are new to me. Anyone see Trancers? Sounds like a fun one. Jack Deth is Back.... And he’s never even been here before.
Still waiting on my copy. The label has been in pre-shipment since 1/27 :( Gonna hit up WRWTFWW if there's no movement this week.
By reddye6
Bub wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:37 pm
CrossedPete wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:02 pm image.jpgIve seen most of these movies but a couple are new to me. Anyone see Trancers? Sounds like a fun one. Jack Deth is Back.... And he’s never even been here before.
Still waiting on my copy. The label has been in pre-shipment since 1/27 :( Gonna hit up WRWTFWW if there's no movement this week.
Bub, you're in the US, right? Yesterday, I finally got movement on my copy, so hopefully yours will be moving soon as well.

On a side note, yesterday was a stellar day for me with things that were seemingly forever stuck actually moving: two items arrived (one of which, according to tracking, is still Package Pending Acceptance) and two started moving, including the Trailers release.
By Bub
reddye6 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:53 pm
Bub, you're in the US, right? Yesterday, I finally got movement on my copy, so hopefully yours will be moving soon as well.

On a side note, yesterday was a stellar day for me with things that were seemingly forever stuck actually moving: two items arrived (one of which, according to tracking, is still Package Pending Acceptance) and two started moving, including the Trailers release.
Yeah, US. Thanks Reddye6. That gives me some hope then since you were in the same boat.
By CrossedPete
Bub wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:28 pm
reddye6 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:53 pm

Yeah, US. Thanks Reddye6. That gives me some hope then since you were in the same boat.
I hope you guys get them in soon. It a pretty fun listen.

@static how is that Trancers album from the trailer it sounded like my kind a cheese
By reddye6
Adrian Corker - Tin Star Liverpool OST LP
Attachments
IMG_1031.jpg
IMG_1031.jpg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 1863 times
By Bezulsqy
@Deafmetal: always love seeing you spin some great wax!

@Reddye: I saw that score pop up and was interested. How is the show? And how is the score?

@inksb: get it! Shouldn't be that difficult to get with obi. I do see it regularly on yahoo auction jp.
By reddye6
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:19 am @Deafmetal: always love seeing you spin some great wax!

@Reddye: I saw that score pop up and was interested. How is the show? And how is the score?

@inksb: get it! Shouldn't be that difficult to get with obi. I do see it regularly on yahoo auction jp.
I actually hadn't heard of the show before getting Corker's score. It came up in a Norman Records update, and I checked out the samples. I liked it -- string scrapings and foreboding drones.
By deafmetal
inksb wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:00 am I've been on the hunt for this one for a while. I've come across a few decent copies but missing the obi.
It's an eclectic album, but worth picking up without an obi. The three different "eat" jazzfunk tracks are worth their weight in gold.
By Bezulsqy
reddye6 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:29 am
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:19 am @Deafmetal: always love seeing you spin some great wax!

I actually hadn't heard of the show before getting Corker's score. It came up in a Norman Records update, and I checked out the samples. I liked it -- string scrapings and foreboding drones.
the same reason why I was interested in it :-)
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:19 am @inksb: get it! Shouldn't be that difficult to get with obi. I do see it regularly on yahoo auction jp.
Yeah the obi version isn't that hard to find but the prices are just out of what I want to pay most of the time. Usually $75-$100.