Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Ooh excite- I bagged this for a few quid in Mint condish from my local store today, it's the 2nd 'Blue' pressing from
Stella/Private.

IMG_1429.JPG
IMG_1429.JPG (1.4 MiB) Viewed 147 times
So seeing that the track list is different / confusing enough up against the DW release, I'mma gonna drop a li'l New Year comparison later tonight...
By NathanLurker
What about the ''Vault of Horror : Gates of Hell Trilogy'' edition of City of the Living Dead, Scojo ? You got that one ? I suppose you'll compare with the Deathwaltz deluxe for sure, but with an OG ? I don'T rememer if you're one of those who have an OG of it.
By ScoJo
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:11 pm What about the ''Vault of Horror : Gates of Hell Trilogy'' edition of City of the Living Dead, Scojo ? You got that one ? I suppose you'll compare with the Deathwaltz deluxe for sure, but with an OG ? I don'T rememer if you're one of those who have an OG of it.
Comparison will just be between the DW and the Stella, @Nate. Both track listing and quality. I note that the Gates of Hell edition has same track list as the original Beat LP (both the DW and Stella are each 'expanded' in some way or another - I'll unravel them later :)
By Hatter313
Have we Done Nosferatu? I don't think we have, I may tackle this over the weekend.

Short version: For those who are fans, you know the bizarre history on these releases. and in fact I only just realized that the track "Die Nacht der Himmel" is in fact a portion of the earlier nearly 17 minute "Vergegenwärtigung" on the original Aguirre release (on later Aguirre releases this seems to have been replaced by a montage of other pieces but still called Vergegenwärtigung....lets not go too far down that rabbit hole)

Luckily, the Wah Wah reissues from a few years back restore all the material that was cut or rearranged from the original release so here's what i've got.

Nosferatu 1978 on Egg - The original soundtrack release which omits the "Bruder des Schattens" material
Nosferatu 2015 Waxwork - This is a straight re-issue of the most usual track listing, presenting a slightly different track order and the shortened versions of the "Bruder..." material that was used in the film and added to later releases of the Nosferatu soundtrack
Nosferatu 2015 Wah Wah records - Wah Wah did a two disc set at the same time as waxwork released theirs, but what they've done is glorious. disc 1 is the FULL "Bruder..." album, on which the title track is nearly 19 minutes long and the second disc is the full unaltered "On the way/Nosferatu" release originally put out by Egg in '78

Now, I don't have an original "Bruder..." but the wah wah release sounds superb so I'm going to go ahead and use that for my comparison on the shorter versions of the tracks on the waxwork/wide release track listing. (i'll probably pick one up at some point...this hobby...)

I will also obviously compare this to the film tracks themselves.

This will likely take some time but i wanted to post this for now to whet any appetites :)
By ScoJo
@hatter- I am ALL IN on your Nosferatu mission. I have Brudder, the WWorks and the WWah, but I will prefer to await your findings than do the leg work myself!! ;-)

Ps haven't forgotten about City of the Living Dead.... soon!
By Hatter313
Sweet, i'll start really planning on my criteria!

This started because I've been on a huge Herzog kick, and sitting at my desk i threw on the digital Nosferatu copy i've had for years. it's legitimately one of my favorite albums of all time, stone cold desert island. i'm stupidly familiar with it. I had just re-watched Agguire so I threw that on the playlist as well. when the Vergegenwärtigung track came on from the Aguirre OST, i though that i had accidentally put my itunes on shuffle and that it had skipped to the end of Nosferatu. (ive never played my wax of Aguirre, only listened to the digital, and often just the actual Aguirre tracks so i'd not noticed it for years). Down the rabbit hole i went haha!
By Hatter313
It's literally my "I don't know what i'm in the mood for, so i'll put this on while I decide" music. I rarely listen to it on wax, i'm usually working from another room so its digital on my laptop or on my iPod walking/biking/commuting, so i'm excited to really dig into the multiple wax copies I have and really give them a good comparison.

I don't think i ever decided one way or another that it's my favorite score, and i don't think that if the question was posed to me i would say it was, but its certainly the music I listen to and have listened to most out of almost anything. I'll gladly put it on repeat and go for a three hour bike ride and never feel the need to change it no matter how many times it cycles through during the trip.