A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:00 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:00 pm Watched Wes Anderson's Isle of Dogs on Friday. Absolutely loved it! And need to get that score.

Just now finished Mission Impossible II. Not the best :-) Is the rest of the series better? I did like the fist one.
Ben - Mi:II is the drizzling shits! John Woo on steroids...

They get immeasurably better, starting with JJ Abrams III - probably my favourite of his directed films (not saying a ton, but y'know...) it has a gnarly opening set piece with a genuinely shocking end, introduced the lovely Michelle Monaghan into the series, and has P.S.Hoffman as an all-time great adversary.

And they just kinda keep getting better (bigger, more dangerous for Tom, sillier) as they go on.

Accept the Mission!! :D
I can echo this. 2 is something of an outlier in this series, which against all odds not only jumps way up in quality again, but also somehow gets better and better with each installment.
By inksb
I'll also chime in here on MI. I'm not a big fan of the first, the second I really dislike but from 3 onwards they are great. The last few have been incredibly entertaining.
By maxlevel
A lot of new stuff going on lately... Countdown 6/10, doctor sleep 6/10, midway 4/10, watchmen TV series 9/10 so far, young offenders 7/10 so far, Wu assassins 7/10 so far.

And a shout out to First We Feast channel on YouTube, specifically Hot Ones but also the content generally is top notch, well made entertainment.
By inksb
maxlevel wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:04 pm A lot of new stuff going on lately... Countdown 6/10, doctor sleep 6/10, midway 4/10, watchmen TV series 9/10 so far, young offenders 7/10 so far, Wu assassins 7/10 so far.

And a shout out to First We Feast channel on YouTube, specifically Hot Ones but also the content generally is top notch, well made entertainment.
Hot Ones is hit or miss for me, especially since the host has settled into a very specific routine for the show and doesn't seem to push for interesting interview questions. With that said I still watch a lot of the episodes.
I really love The Burger Show with Alvin though. That one is a lot of fun.
By Bezulsqy
Stelvio Massi's 1978 Poliziotto senza paura a.k.a. Magnum Cop a.k.a.
starring Maurizio Merli
and Joan Collins as a stripper
score by Stelvio Cipriani
strange movie with some very corny/silly comic stuff and child abuse

By static14
The first episode of The Mandalorian was good stuff.
By inksb
static14 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:26 pm The first episode of The Mandalorian was good stuff.
I just downloaded it but I have no idea when I'll actually get to watching it. I'm way behind on most of my TV watching already.
By deafmetal
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:17 pm Saw The Lighthouse today. Definitely worth seeing, but I preferred The Vvitch. You Lovecraft fans will be tickled.
Still have not caught either of those, but I watched Hagazussa on Shudder over the weekend. Creepy atmosphere throughout, and the goat eroticism stuff was weird af, but I was very zoned out by MMMD's original score . Their music felt to be in the vein of Sunn O))) ambiance.