Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Occhionero
NathanLurker wrote:
jgibbs4053 wrote:Does anyone know of a place to order Priv4te in the US?
http://www.twoheadeddog.com/ have at least Bloody Moon and Eaten Alive
Jay ships worldwide. Check out his Discogs account or contact him. I guess more than BM and eaten alive isn't available?!
By jgibbs4053
Occhionero wrote:
NathanLurker wrote:
jgibbs4053 wrote:Does anyone know of a place to order Priv4te in the US?
http://www.twoheadeddog.com/ have at least Bloody Moon and Eaten Alive
Jay ships worldwide. Check out his Discogs account or contact him. I guess more than BM and eaten alive isn't available?!
I know I can order from Jay directly, but it's cheaper if able to order in the US
By Voodoo_Jim
I was a bit disappointed that my signed copy of Eaten Alive was signed on the *bag* rather than the actual jacket, but it wasn't any more expensive than the regular.
By texasvinyl
Mine too. Signature is on the generic plastic outer sleeve not on the jacket.. Same story with the Zenamon. Oh well it was for charity and they're great records. But how dumb is that!
By horrornasties
Haven't gotten mine in yet, but that's kind of a drag. Just means it'll be a deadstock copy for me. Already have the first press, so this was just a second copy anyway.
By chandler75
texasvinyl wrote:Mine too. Signature is on the generic plastic outer sleeve not on the jacket.. Same story with the Zenamon. Oh well it was for charity and they're great records. But how dumb is that!
Maybe because it was cheaper to have the plastic sleeves shipped back and forth between Mr. Donati and Jay than the actual records... But that's just a guess.
By Mateo Sanboval
chandler75 wrote:
texasvinyl wrote:Mine too. Signature is on the generic plastic outer sleeve not on the jacket.. Same story with the Zenamon. Oh well it was for charity and they're great records. But how dumb is that!
Maybe because it was cheaper to have the plastic sleeves shipped back and forth between Mr. Donati and Jay than the actual records... But that's just a guess.
Whoa! Look at this guy just waltzing in out of nowhere, rolling a logic grenade through the door, and then casually wandering off like nothing ever happened.
By Jimmy_Mike
New PRIV4TE looks pretty awesome. If the vibrator warped the last batch, not sure how well the Rambo knife will work though.

By NathanLurker
At least this time you have the option to buy only the record (with insert and poster) instead of the same package with the knife/survival set.
By Jimmy_Mike
Mr. Shipping (aka Tony Giles) was yearning for an 80s action movie soundtrack label a couple episodes back, looks like this might fill that empty space in his heart for the time being.
By Mateo Sanboval
Reb Brown rules. Is Striker the same movie as Strike Commando?
By FulciLives
My copy came in yesterday, green vinyl with the survival knife. Vinyl sounds mint!!! Like all Private records release, one of the best labels when it comes to pressing quality.

The knife is pretty sweet. The soundtrack is just 'okay' to me. After exterminators of the year 3000 and this one, don't know if I'll be buying anymore Detto soundtracks. A fine release regardless.

Curious as to what pressing plant Private uses, cause all their releases are top notch. The bloody moon release is phenomenal.
By FulciLives
Also in regards to packaging with the knife. The knife was packed in front of the lp in a larger lp box. No warping or damage to the lp.
By jgibbs4053
phantomnoir wrote:Just bought a copy (without the knife). Now, somebody please do Robowar!

Robot Jox needs to be rereleased
By monsterworship
The box was way too big for the package, resulting in a bent corner for me.

Its kind of a running joke on myself on why I keep ordering these editions with shit stuffed in them as I know they will come with some degree of damage.

Love the soundtrack though.

The knife is kind of meh, not sure what i'm going to do with it, its so dull don't think it could cut butter as it is.
By milliondollars
FulciLives wrote:That's why it comes with a sharpening stone. You can sharpen it while you spin the lp
that sharpening stone is for the needle, not the knife...
By Occhionero
Did any of you guys in here a pledge for Privete Records "Italo Disco"?
If yes, did you get your items? I am still waiting and like usual the label runner is not responding. That sucks!