Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Purplemule74
Hello -

Not sure if this may have been posted somewhere, but Burning Witch over at Bandcamp has a 50% sale going on with the coupon code 'Blackwax'.

They ship from the UK, but for our UK friends this may be a good deal in particular. 'The Descent' soundtrack might be a fun one for folks.
By inksb
I had 3 records in my cart earlier today but the shipping was the price of the 3 records so I bailed. Good deal for UK folks though
By Bezulsqy
This has been online for a couple of months I believe... I want it but shipping is insane. around 8000-9000 yen
I contacted them but there is nothing to do about it. Maybe shipping to the US is more reasonable but to the UK or EU it is not...

https://www.xrosscounter.com/en
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2023-01-31 114025.jpg
Schermafbeelding 2023-01-31 114025.jpg (155.27 KiB) Viewed 1258 times
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:00 am This has been online for a couple of months I believe... I want it but shipping is insane. around 8000-9000 yen
I contacted them but there is nothing to do about it. Maybe shipping to the US is more reasonable but to the UK or EU it is not...

I just checked and it's supposedly 1300 yen for US shipping. So maybe it's shipping from the US? As far as I know you pretty much can only do DHL shipping out of Japan, standard shipping has been an option for years.
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:50 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:00 am This has been online for a couple of months I believe... I want it but shipping is insane. around 8000-9000 yen

I just checked and it's supposedly 1300 yen for US shipping. So maybe it's shipping from the US? As far as I know you pretty much can only do DHL shipping out of Japan, standard shipping has been an option for years.
I believe there is stock shipping from the US and depending on where you live also from JP. But not sure. 8000 yen for shipping from US to EU is also stupid.

I will save money if I have it send to one of you in the US and you send it to me in the EU :-)
But it still will be at least as much as the price of the records...

Oh well... not high on my want list but would still be nice to have.
By reddye6
I remember seeing a FB post about Exterminator and that for the US it ships from California. I think.
By reddye6
OK, I found the FB post. Here it is in its entirety. For the short read, shipping is from US.
----
First off thanks to Ryan Will for posting about the vinyl release FINALLY happening to one of my favorite cult classics “The Exterminator”.

Many moons ago the now defunct label Pure Destructive teased a release of this and those of us that preordered know the rest to be a train-wreck and epic disappointment of never getting our copies. (Some of us even preordered the liquid filled copies. 🥴)

Cut to now when the vinyl is out and had 500 copies pressed by a company called “xrosscounter”.

To be honest I wasn’t quite sure if was a bootleg or even real but I took a shot and yes it’s real and is actually shipping out of Los Angeles and not Japan as I thought was the case from their website.

I emailed them thanking them for the fast shipping and great packaging on this release and I almost immediately received a note back from company co-founder Ryuhei Kitamura. Yes that Ryuhei Kitamura that directed “The Midnight Meat Train” with Vinnie Jones and Bradley Cooper!

We’ve been talking ever since and he hopes to do more releases but he must first sell these 500 copies of “The Exterminator”. (Buy with confidence as this release is finally real.)

I was asking Mr. Kitamura about this release and how it came to be and he was gracious enough to tell me the ENTIRE story which is wildly fascinating.
Here is that story, in unedited form, directly from Mr. Kitamura himself:

“I’ll write down back story of this project.

My regular job is a movie director.

Back in 2020 I teamed up with my friend and top notch fashion designer Tomoyuki Kitayama and started our own new brand making goods inspired by what we love.

Our main thing is apparel but one day I just thought “I’ve been waiting 40 years and nobody is doing The Exterminator soundtrack…Maybe I should just do it myself”. My partner loved the idea and we started searching.

First I contacted the composer Joe Renzetti. He told me that he still have music files in his DAT but no one is doing anything, and he’s happy to do it if I can license it. So I reached out to director James Glickenhaus’s lawyer and able to officially license to do Soundtrack and apparels.

Then I close the deal with Joe to do restore and remaster. However he told me that the music he did for the movie was very little and didn’t have enough material for Side-B. So he came up with the idea to do “re-imagined” version. Using materials he had, add new elements, remix and create new version for Side-B.

This was all great until he told me that he doesn’t own or control the rights for the song “Heal It” by Roger Bowling.

I asked James Glickenhaus and he told me that even he doesn’t own the rights.

Roger passed away back in 1982 and very few info on internet.

I’m a hard core fan myself and there’s no way to release soundtrack without the song.

I was really disappointed when Nightmare on Elm Street vinyl box set came out they didn’t include the ending song “Nightmare” by 213, so I couldn’t do the same.

After long negotiation, paid expensive license fee I felt like this dead end.

I had no idea how to find the rights holder of the song never published and the singer died in 82.

Then one day I was watching The Exterminator again, probably my 123rd times…Then I realized something I never before.

Roger Bowling did sing the song, but the song was written by someone else…Byron Hill.

I found his official site and sent him the message, and he replied and sent me full version of the song.

Byron introduced me to Roger Bowling’s widow and finally, I clear the rights for the song too.

Then I had to find vinyl pressing company.

As I said this is all new for me and my partner is in Japan and can’t speak English so it was long journey while I was making my own movie.

But anyway, we finally did it and I’m very proud of the final product.

While we were working on the soundtrack, another idea came up.

I wanted to do 7 inch single vinyl for “Heal It” but to do that I needed something for Side-B.

So I emailed Byron and asked if he can do his own remake version of “Heal It” and yes he did it.

Took as more than a year to do all this, but we did it.

Okay I guess that’s all I can tell you about The Exterminator and Heal It journey.

Thank you so much for your support!!”

Ryuhei
By reddye6
I almost purchased it but stopped at the last moment in checkout. Even with shipping in the US, the total was around $60 for a single LP. Also, with the second side being re-imagined tracks from the first side, it felt like it was really one side worth of material for a high price.
By deafmetal
Waxwork is gonna get me with that Aeon Flux box set. I had Drew Neumann's Eye Spy CD back in the day and always wondered why MTV were such asshats about the copyright.
By inksb
deafmetal wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:24 pm Waxwork is gonna get me with that Aeon Flux box set. I had Drew Neumann's Eye Spy CD back in the day and always wondered why MTV were such asshats about the copyright.
I'm super excited about this but have a feeling I won't be able to afford it as it's gonna be 6 LPs?
By inksb
Aeon Flux
Waxwork
6LP
$195

https://waxworkrecords.com/collections/ ... es-box-set
Waxwork Records is proud to present the complete ÆON FLUX Original Series Soundtrack Box Set by Drew Neumann. Officially available for the very first time in any format, the soundtrack to the groundbreaking animated series is now available as a deluxe 6xLP box set, multi-disc CD set, and across all digital streaming services. In partnership with ÆON FLUX creator, artist, and director Peter Chung, composer Drew Neumann, and MTV, Waxwork Records assembled a comprehensive box set experience featuring the complete soundtrack music from all 21 ÆON FLUX episodes sourced from the composer’s original masters.

Originally airing from September 1991 through October 1995, ÆON FLUX is an avant-garde science fiction animated television series that inspired live action films, video games, and comic books. It premiered on MTV’s Liquid Television experimental animation show as a six-part serial of short films, followed in 1992 by five individual short episodes. In 1995, a season of ten half-hour episodes aired as a stand-alone series.

The original and innovative series featured elements of science fiction, allegory, dystopian and spy fiction, psychological drama, and psychedelic imagery. ÆON FLUX is set in a surreal futuristic universe. The setting comprises a bizarre dystopia populated by mutants, clones, and robots, set within the separated border wall cities of Monica and Bregna. The title character is a tall, sexy, dominatrix secret agent from the city of Monica that is skilled in espionage, assassination, and acrobatics. Her mission is to infiltrate and destroy the strongholds of the city of Bregna which is led by her sworn enemy, and sometimes lover, Trevor Goodchild.

About the Composer

The music and sound design of ÆON FLUX was created by Drew Neumann. Neumann is an American composer and musician of film and television scores. He studied film, animation, and composition at the California Institute of Arts where he first met and began a longtime friendship with Peter Chung. He has composed music for Disney, E!, Nickelodeon, MTV, Mattel, Paramount Pictures, Cartoon Network, and trailers for feature films. In addition, he has contributed sound design and music composition for a variety of hardware synthesizers, sound libraries, and software and computer products. Neumann works closely with and consults for synthesizer companies such as 1010 Music LLC, Arturia, Studio Electronics, Ensoniq, Oberheim, Sequential, UDO, Waldorf, and Moog.

About the Creator

Peter Chung is a Korean American writer and director of animated films. In addition to creating ÆON FLUX, Chung’s directing credits include The Animatrix, and the Cartoon Network feature Firebreather. He served as art director for the animated series Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and as designer and director for the Nickelodeon series Rugrats. Chung has also directed commercials for Levi’s, Pepsi, Honda, Jaguar, Sony, and many others. He currently teaches a Master Class at the Division of Animation and Digital Arts at the USC School of Cinematic Arts.

ÆON FLUX Original Series Soundtrack Box Set Features:

Waxwork Records worked closely with both Drew Neumann and Peter Chung to create the comprehensive ÆON FLUX Original Series Soundtrack box set. All artwork elements were provided to Waxwork by Peter Chung from his own personal archive. The deluxe 6xLP set features:

The complete series music by composer Neumann remastered from the original masters
6xLP set pressed to 180 gram colored vinyl
Vinyl discs are each devised of a unique color variant correlating to the album’s art
The full box set contains original artwork by Peter Chung
A high-quality deluxe soft-touch coated “perfect-bound” book that includes:
Exclusive liner notes by Peter Chung
An extensive essay by Drew Neumann
Chung’s original, never-seen-before storyboards and sketches, character design drawings, and much more
Each jacket features film laminate gloss coating
A turntable slip-mat with art by Chung
Housed in a heavyweight slipcase with matte satin coating

By NathanLurker
I received an email alert from Juno, I'm monitoring for new Egisto Macchi releases. Cinedelic are going to release a new one called "Asia".
By inksb
2HD has sunk to a new low. They just sent out an email about "warehouse finds" yet he has jacked up the prices on some of them. Must have worked really hard digging through his unorganized stock to think he deserves an extra $9 on records he was charging $30 for.
By deafmetal
inksb wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:45 pm
NathanLurker wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:32 pm I received an email alert from Juno, I'm monitoring for new Egisto Macchi releases. Cinedelic are going to release a new one called "Asia".
Cinedelic just put this one up on their bandcamp

https://cinedelic.bandcamp.com/album/asia
US folks, preorder is up at Dusty Groove. Enjoying this one quite a lot.
By ScoJo
Buttload of new Quartet releases, three Morricones (inc. an expanded Red Sonja) and I’m particularly engorged by the 2xLP set of Frenzy, both the used and unused scores! Lovely lovely!

B6080789-5F08-46FC-AA8D-E98B5BF6549A.jpeg
B6080789-5F08-46FC-AA8D-E98B5BF6549A.jpeg (65.74 KiB) Viewed 922 times
C574E0A9-6D09-439F-B01A-922DE77550B2.jpeg
C574E0A9-6D09-439F-B01A-922DE77550B2.jpeg (124.44 KiB) Viewed 922 times
E3E12011-8CCA-4F7F-8D41-8170CE8814B8.jpeg
E3E12011-8CCA-4F7F-8D41-8170CE8814B8.jpeg (101.24 KiB) Viewed 922 times
6F7F4208-FC50-4152-9431-E67DA84C37EA.jpeg
6F7F4208-FC50-4152-9431-E67DA84C37EA.jpeg (67.32 KiB) Viewed 922 times
By inksb
Neat. So excited to pay the price of an OG Red Sonja just to get the new pressing in the US. I may be annoyed at their shipping prices but these are all pretty exciting releases.

Looks like Dusty Groove has the CD's up for pre-order. Will keep an eye out for the LP's to be put up.
Last edited by inksb on Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.