A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
what a movie...

I really liked it and then I was like what the fuck and then I liked it and then I was a bit annoyed with the one person and then I liked it again!
The score did feel pretty generic in general. Some great bits though. But a lot of these modern horror pictures have the similar droning sounds in them...
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:58 pm Image
Barbarian is fine… but NOW you’re talking Bez!! Fucking SJ HALL OF FAME FILM/DIRECTOR!!!
By Bezulsqy
static14 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:02 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:58 pm Image
the good stuff. (no pun intended) :)
Haha. This was very interesting. The first half hour I was on the edge of my seat. Those killings felt very menacing. How everything turned out was not what I was expecting.
I watched a copy of the 4K release with Atmos soundtrack. Looked and sounded fantastic.

I don’t think I have seen a lot of his movies. The Stuff was fantastic but don’t think I have seen It’s alive.
By ChrisMcQueen007
First time watch. About time I finally see this.
Attachments
3ACADCF9-3206-4FD4-A0AE-EAE22704E698.jpeg
3ACADCF9-3206-4FD4-A0AE-EAE22704E698.jpeg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 866 times
By EvanCampbell
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote:First time watch. About time I finally see this.
That is a beautiful looking movie. I love the production design and cinematography. Also the actress with the short hair is a beauty.
By Bezulsqy
grey and rainy around noon and no idea what to watch. Decided on a giallo from 2004 that turned out to be a lot better than expected... however that does not mean that much :-)

Alex Infascelli's 2004 Il siero della vanità a.k.a. The Vanity Serum
score by Marco Castoldi a.k.a. Morgan

By inksb
Yeah I've been putting off watching Daughters of Darkness until I can get the 4K on sale.
By ScoJo
On a De Palma run Ben? Funny, I was watching Blow Out today. Fury is a lot of fun and I’ve always been a cheerleader for Snake Eyes, great Sakamoto score. Have you seen Femme Fatale?
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:12 am On a De Palma run Ben? Funny, I was watching Blow Out today. Fury is a lot of fun and I’ve always been a cheerleader for Snake Eyes, great Sakamoto score. Have you seen Femme Fatale?
This year I was planning on watching every BDP movie chronologically but I never really committed. I watched his first three and Scarface now these two.
Never seen Femme Fatale.
Loved the Fury and Snake Eyes was fun. He uses a lot of panning shots and long takes in those two movies. One of the first shots in The Fury when father and son are sitting at a table, I loved how he swiveled the camera around.
And of course in Snake Eyes around the boxing ring in the arena.
Normally I don’t really notice those things.
By ScoJo
Femme Fatale is pure De Palma, his last really good film imo. Sadly everything since has been either weak sauce or severely compromised. He has two films in the works!
By ChrisMcQueen007
inksb wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:11 pm Yeah I've been putting off watching Daughters of Darkness until I can get the 4K on sale.
@Evan/Inksb/Bez: I had high expectations and these were met. I really enjoyed the style and the mood, the overall setting and (most of) the acting. And as we all know, the score is wonderful.
That said, I also knew I needed to be in the right frame of mind for this one, and would recommend to know what to expect when watching it for the first time, think that will help to fully enjoy the experience.
By Bezulsqy
if my count is right this was giallo number 151 if have seen...

Francesco Degli Espinosa's 1975 Giochi erotici di una famiglia per bene
score by Felice Di Stefano and Gianfranco Di Stefano

By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:30 pm The Dick Maas Method

What the fuck is this?? Sounds essential, I need to know 'the method'!
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:43 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:30 pm The Dick Maas Method

What the fuck is this?? Sounds essential, I need to know 'the method'!
I can only tell you it is brilliant!
It is a Dutch documentary from 2020 about Dick Maas, featuring a lot of people (and Dick Maas) who worked with him and for him. No idea where you can watch this outside the Netherlands, but it might be available on amazon prime in some countries or through apple. Highly recommended!