A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:55 pm what did you think @bez?
About The Driver? Fantastic! So strange that I had never seen it before. It is a true classic.
By Bezulsqy
This evening I am going to watch The Northman.
While getting a copy of that one I also saw a title called Boss Level with Mel Gibson. Anyone seen that?
By Bezulsqy
Yesterday I watched these two. Boss Level was a bit moronic but made me chuckle a few times. And lately I found a renewed interest in Mel Gibson.
Thanks @inksb for recommending Midnight. Really loved it.
Attachments
BFD6EEFB-31ED-4E36-9C12-654D90592E73.jpeg
BFD6EEFB-31ED-4E36-9C12-654D90592E73.jpeg (377.04 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
E76C9E99-F287-4A5D-AD6F-1C715F836305.jpeg
E76C9E99-F287-4A5D-AD6F-1C715F836305.jpeg (317.21 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
By inksb
Well this is some shit news. Second Sight Films who are restoring and releasing Martin in the near future just announced that even though they discovered the longer cut of Martin that many of us were very excited about they are unable to release it due to not being able to negotiate a deal with the rights holder. I'm assuming this is still fuck head Richard Rubinstein. Such a shame.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:25 pm Well this is some shit news. Second Sight Films who are restoring and releasing Martin in the near future just announced that even though they discovered the longer cut of Martin that many of us were very excited about they are unable to release it due to not being able to negotiate a deal with the rights holder. I'm assuming this is still fuck head Richard Rubinstein. Such a shame.
He really just has this crazy grip on these movies with no desire to release them huh? its wild. thank god its only the few he has. granted they are two fo the biggest but still.
By ScoJo
Huge bummer.

Im old enough to remember when there was similar situation with
the Jodorowsky films and Allen Klein. Jodo himself managed to unfuck that one eventually.
By Bezulsqy
I'm watching Once Upon a Time in America... the extended edition tonight. 251 minutes. I don't think I have every seen any version of it.
Beer and peanuts are ready.
By inksb

The Wraith dir by Mike Marvin

I know I'm late to the party but I finally watched this film. I would have loved the hell out of this when I was younger. It's a ridiculous film. The antagonist looks like he's 40 years old yet is playing a teenager. Clint Howard's hair is truly out of control.

The Seventh Curse dir by Lam Ngai Kai

I just received the new limited edition bluray from 88 Films so I decided to introduce my wife to this insane film. We had a blast watching it. I kind of love how there's no real set up to the first few scenes of the film then at like th 20 minute mark they are just like lets do the backstory for 20 minutes then we'll enter the final act. Now that this is easier to watch I recommend people check it out. I would assume rips of the film will be on line shortly for those that sail the seas. The new transfer used looks fantastic during the day time scenes and kind of rough during some of the darker scenes due to their lack of proper lighting but overall I'm very happy with it, it's way better than the slightly better than VHS DVD rip I've been watching.
By Bezulsqy
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:14 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:10 pm Image
Nice! Have that on my radar, let me/us know how you liked it.
Highly recommend!
Very tense. From start to finish. Not a happy movie… Real terror.
By Hatter313
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:11 am
inksb wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:38 am I can't wait to see The Black Phone
I am very curious what you will think.

It may not be to everyone’s taste but I really really enjoyed it. He’s his fathers son and if you like the way King tells a story and some of the tropes he uses I think you’ll dig. I really loved it, no frills throwback. I hope you dig!
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:15 am
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:11 am
inksb wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:38 am I can't wait to see The Black Phone
I am very curious what you will think.

It may not be to everyone’s taste but I really really enjoyed it. He’s his fathers son and if you like the way King tells a story and some of the tropes he uses I think you’ll dig. I really loved it, no frills throwback. I hope you dig!
I watched it last night and enjoyed the hell out of it. My wife thought it was good but definitely wasn't as into as I was. I thought Ethan did a great job in his roll, utilizing the different voices to elicit different reactions out of the audience. And the little sister I thought stole the show, the scene with her father was one of the most intense and effecting scenes in the film. Now it may not have the same effect on everyone as it probably depends on if you yourself have been involved in that type of family dynamic but let me just say it brought some memories back that I had buried pretty deep (just to clarify, I was never physically abused like that by my family but I had the displeasure of watching my friend in a very similar situation).
By Hatter313
I saw Nope last night. I mostly liked it, but i'm still waiting for the movie i thought it was going to be. maybe one day.
By ScoJo
Yessss

Big fan of this nutty film, it swings big!

Lasser was fully off the deep end at that time. It was around this period she did Crimewave- when she was famously turning up to set and insisting on doing her own 'not very
subtle' makeup. Love her to bits.
By EvanCampbell
ScoJo wrote:Yessss

Big fan of this nutty film, it swings big!

Lasser was fully off the deep end at that time. It was around this period she did Crimewave- when she was famously turning up to set and insisting on doing her own 'not very
subtle' makeup. Love her to bits.
Lasser is definitely going for broke (more like debt) in her performance..acting up a storm. Yeah it is a fun watch and a nice score from what I can hear from Einhorn...not sure if it is available.