Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
horrorfromthetv wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:34 pm Well,hows the sound quality of the TCM2 release anyone?
I’ll check later today. I still have it in its unopened package since last week…
For some reason I can’t be bothered with WW at the moment.
By Bezulsqy
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:27 am
horrorfromthetv wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:34 pm Well,hows the sound quality of the TCM2 release anyone?
I’ll check later today. I still have it in its unopened package since last week…
This will have to wait till another day...
By ChrisMcQueen007
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:27 am
Can‘t blame you for that.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Waxwork is really odd these past few months to a year. They'll go a long time without a release, and then it's back to back to back represses, new releases etc. You'd think they'd want to spread them out. Or am I just imagining things?
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:09 pm Waxwork is really odd these past few months to a year. They'll go a long time without a release, and then it's back to back to back represses, new releases etc. You'd think they'd want to spread them out. Or am I just imagining things?
My guess is the pressing plant back up is putting pressure on them and when they have stuff arrive they just get it out the door to get more money in their pockets.
By deafmetal
Bezulsqy wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:05 pm Almost done with the first disc and I have no complaints. Sounds great to my ears.
Regarding recent WW quality, I was quite pleased with the audio and pressing quality on the Godzilla box set. Especially for such a large set, it looks like they spent some funding (and time) to get it right.
By reddye6
Just listened to the Sacred Bones exclusive version of Waxwork's Candyman (the new one composed by Robert A.A. Lowe), and it sounds like shit. I don't complain about the occasional pop or static, but I didn't make it through sides B and D because the popping was so loud and unpleasant. Side A was ok, and Side C started out with popping but got better halfway through.

Anyone else get this release, either variant, and have the same sound issues?
By havershaw
FYI, the new Waxwork repress of The Fog is a new lacquer/stamper/mastering (as compared to their previous pressing) and is *vastly* improved. Sonically, it sounds way better and it’s dead quiet. (The last version might have sounded ok but my copy was super noisy even after a good cleaning.)
By reddye6
NathanLurker wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:16 pm IIRC the waxwork variant will only start shipping mid July. I have that on pre order.
I'm recording the album right now for Sacred Bones so they can hear it. It's a shame - the music is great.
By ScoJo
I was initially slightly thrown by the art on this - my instinct was telling me
there is something quite specific about it, in it's intensity/sortof naive style? Did a little research and it looks like it's by a 15year old kid! Interesting to see WW commissioning outside of the 'standard' pool of horror/soundtrack artists, esp. on such a big title. I dig it.
By inksb
Well this seems like a pretty big deal

per WW twitter
On Sale & Shipping Tomorrow! CURTAINS Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Paul Zaza! We are so excited to bring you the OST to this 1983 Canadian Slasher film for the first time with 180g “Blood & Ice” colored vinyl, art by
@zombiebacons, deluxe packaging, and more!
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:46 pm Well this seems like a pretty big deal

per WW twitter
On Sale & Shipping Tomorrow! CURTAINS Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Paul Zaza! We are so excited to bring you the OST to this 1983 Canadian Slasher film for the first time with 180g “Blood & Ice” colored vinyl, art by
@zombiebacons, deluxe packaging, and more!
Finally. They teased this years ago.
By Hatter313
I honestly assumed someone else had done this in the interim, that tease was so so long ago.