Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By BurningTapes
inksb wrote: ↑Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:40 pm Thanks @bez! It's nice to see everything in one place. Nothing I'm overly thrilled about. Tiger Lab's Death Note box set seems quite problematic to me, it has a big cutout on the edge that everything loads into. It seems like it will be very easy to catch on stuff while putting it on the shelf. I'm not sure if I'd even buy that as I didn't enjoy the first 2LP set. Burning Witches is a label I used to love but haven't even really liked a release since the Fife/Repeated Viewing LP or Hunter Complex (not sure which one was last).

Ouch! πŸ˜„
By inksb
BurningTapes wrote: ↑Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:36 pm
inksb wrote: ↑Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:40 pm Thanks @bez! It's nice to see everything in one place. Nothing I'm overly thrilled about. Tiger Lab's Death Note box set seems quite problematic to me, it has a big cutout on the edge that everything loads into. It seems like it will be very easy to catch on stuff while putting it on the shelf. I'm not sure if I'd even buy that as I didn't enjoy the first 2LP set. Burning Witches is a label I used to love but haven't even really liked a release since the Fife/Repeated Viewing LP or Hunter Complex (not sure which one was last).

Ouch! πŸ˜„
It's all personal taste ;P Some of the stuff just wasn't my style.
I haven't dug the soundtracks all that much. I forgot about the Mr Eff release though, that one was good but due to all the international shipping prices going up and up over the last year I skipped it and just went digitally.
By deafmetal
Bezulsqy wrote: ↑Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:10 pm - Godzilla soundtrack series begins in a few weeks starting with Return of Godzilla, followed by Godzilla VS Destroyah (also artwork for Space Amoeba and Matango is talked about (not shown)) (17 or 18 Toho titles in total - also non Godzilla)
The Heisei era Godzilla films do not excite me, but if Mondo/DWRC has the Toho catalog license to release the OST's for their 60's/70's scifi/horror films like Space Amoeba and Matango then that is very big news. There is some great material in there that has not been fully released on vinyl to my knowledge.
By Dollarhyde
deafmetal wrote: ↑Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:34 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: ↑Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:10 pm - Godzilla soundtrack series begins in a few weeks starting with Return of Godzilla, followed by Godzilla VS Destroyah (also artwork for Space Amoeba and Matango is talked about (not shown)) (17 or 18 Toho titles in total - also non Godzilla)
The Heisei era Godzilla films do not excite me, but if Mondo/DWRC has the Toho catalog license to release the OST's for their 60's/70's scifi/horror films like Space Amoeba and Matango then that is very big news. There is some great material in there that has not been fully released on vinyl to my knowledge.
Agreed, I was soo tempted by the WW boxset but the has price has held me back, I would love to pick up some of the showa Godzilla stuff as individual releases though, if DW had license to do so. If they go outside of Godzilla, and even kaiju, my mind boggles at the possibilities. E.g. all of those cinema-kan releases that have come out cd only in Japan.
By BurningTapes
inksb wrote: ↑Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:26 pm
BurningTapes wrote: ↑Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:36 pm

Ouch! πŸ˜„
It's all personal taste ;P Some of the stuff just wasn't my style.
I haven't dug the soundtracks all that much. I forgot about the Mr Eff release though, that one was good but due to all the international shipping prices going up and up over the last year I skipped it and just went digitally.

No worries at all, just teasing. I get it. Always appreciate any release being checked out.
By Dollarhyde
I was disappointed there was no 80's or early 90's releases from TLV but kaiju is intriguing and I need to check out initial D and it's ost, I've heard poor reviews of the show though.

I'm in no hurry to get the DN box set also, but I did enjoy the initial 2xlp they previously released.

Love the Trading places artwork! Trying to remember the score.
By Revolver_OcelScott
Tiger Lab on asking if the Initial D Set would be score or soundtrack (Eurobeat)

"Hi all! Just saying for all fans on score and soundtrack sides, don't worry."

Absolutely amazing news. Something I never thought I'd have on vinyl. Day one purchase.
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: ↑Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:31 pm Tiger Lab on asking if the Initial D Set would be score or soundtrack (Eurobeat)

"Hi all! Just saying for all fans on score and soundtrack sides, don't worry."

Absolutely amazing news. Something I never thought I'd have on vinyl. Day one purchase.
Jon and Tony seem very excited about the releases lined up for next year. I have my hopes high it will be some classics and more obscure 70's/80's stuff. I know they will be releasing a few modern stuff because that sells really well and they have found a whole new audience with the release of Hunter X Hunter and Death Note.

One of the releases is Death Parade which is a modern series that I'm pretty excited about it's a nice jazzy score
By Bub
I sent Mondo a message earlier about possibly combining shipping for purchases made over the weekend. I received the usual auto reply but they added a little something for the man babies.

20210726_210124.jpg
20210726_210124.jpg (265.81 KiB) Viewed 5279 times
By inksb
I've seen so much hate towards them for years due to limited posters and selling out, I can only imagine the nasty emails/messages they receive. The days when they were releasing Tyler Stout prints and they disappeared in seconds, people would freak the fuck out.
By Bezulsqy
I bought a copy of both the yellow and red Shining 7". I see they made 5000 red exclusive for Mondo and an unknown amount of the yellow that should be available in other places I assume.
Are we collectors or are we not!
By deafmetal
Bezulsqy wrote: ↑Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:48 am I bought a copy of both the yellow and red Shining 7". I see they made 5000 red exclusive for Mondo and an unknown amount of the yellow that should be available in other places I assume.
Are we collectors or are we not!
I'm with you, @Bez, I will install this in my personal Wendy Carlos shrine, but 5,000 copies, wow.
By inksb
I just saw a story on Spencer's IG saying that they are releasing expanded (20 tracks) Bird With Crystal Plumage next week, limited to 1500 copies. With my recent acquisition I don't plan on picking it up but figured some folks may want it.
By inksb
Here's the official announcement:

Fanatics of '70s Italian gialli take note...
Behold the veritable smorgasbord of sounds from Ennio Morricone's score to Dario Argento's debut film, THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE (a.k.a. L'uccello dalle piume di Cristallo) [1970]. Considered one of the giallo genre's gold standards, Maestro Morricone's stunning sonic work is a masterful accompaniment to the knife-wielding images on the screen. This colorful, yet dark, score features il maestro's trademark scat vocal harmonies, beautiful melodies, and mandatory sinister themes – perfect music for this wonderfully stylistic Giallo masterpiece.

The first of Argento's "animal trilogy" series, the music on THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE is a lovely mix of string-infused bossa to the tenser, instrumentally sparse passages that Morricone does so well. Just be sure to handle the piumaggio cristallino with care (we suggest wearing your black gloves).

Music by Ennio Morricone. Artwork by Luke Insect. 2x140 Gram Crystal Clear Vinyl housed inside a mirror board gatefold sleeve. One-off pressing of 1500 units. $35
https://mondoshop.com/blogs/news/music- ... e-and-more

By Jimmy_Mike
NathanLurker wrote: ↑Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:04 pm I like it, I'll buy it. I never got around to buying the Ams release, so it's a soundtrack I don't own yet. Happy to add it to the collection.
I've never been into Insect stuff. I wish they'd used Eric for this release.
By Bub
From the 2008 & 2016 CDs, I'm guessing these are the bonus 10 tracks. All alternate cuts...

11 Fraseggio Senza Struttura (#2) 2:27
12 Piume Di Cristallo (#2) 1:40
13 Silenzio Nel Caos (#2) 2:20
14 Fraseggio Senza Struttura (#3) 4:08
15 Piume Di Cristallo (#3) 3:55
16 Svolta Drammatica (#2) 2:21
17 Fraseggio Senza Struttura (#4) 4:48
18 Piume Di Cristallo (#4) 3:08
19 Fraseggio Senza Struttura (#5) 4:16
20 Piume Di Cristallo (#5) 2:10
By inksb
Bub wrote: ↑Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:02 pm From the 2008 & 2016 CDs, I'm guessing these are the bonus 10 tracks. All alternate cuts...

11 Fraseggio Senza Struttura (#2) 2:27
12 Piume Di Cristallo (#2) 1:40
13 Silenzio Nel Caos (#2) 2:20
14 Fraseggio Senza Struttura (#3) 4:08
15 Piume Di Cristallo (#3) 3:55
16 Svolta Drammatica (#2) 2:21
17 Fraseggio Senza Struttura (#4) 4:48
18 Piume Di Cristallo (#4) 3:08
19 Fraseggio Senza Struttura (#5) 4:16
20 Piume Di Cristallo (#5) 2:10
I made a joke to myself earlier about it containing 4 alt versions of one of the tracks. Seeing that there could be 4 versions of two different tracks makes me laugh quite a bit
By deafmetal
deafmetal wrote: ↑Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:34 pm
Alright, so this is starting up this week along with teases which seem to indicate we will see Matango/Space Amoeba/etc, but help me understand what I'm seeing from Death Waltz on their product... is the 140gm "Heat-Ray" vinyl really glow-in-the-dark wax? I saw one of their IG stories and it looked like the LP sleeve and this vinyl were glowing? or is it just UV-reactive?