General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By reddye6
Ending the night with some experimental guitar drone.
Attachments
IMG_1329.jpg
IMG_1329.jpg (246.4 KiB) Viewed 2377 times
By CrossedPete
Joining in spinning some Trouble. RIP. Just curious @deaf what pressing do you have for The Skull? I totally agree with you @monster what a kick ass band.
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.7 MiB) Viewed 2326 times
By deafmetal
CrossedPete wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:21 pm Joining in spinning some Trouble. RIP. Just curious @deaf what pressing do you have for The Skull? I totally agree with you @monster what a kick ass band.
'85 Combat/Metal Blade pressing (no promo, no chain on label). I actually picked this one up on a dig with @monsterworship at End of an Ear in Austin during MondoCon 2015. Good times. I still have my old copy of the Metal Blade cassette tape which I just about wore out back in the day. This is the band that really got me into doom metal after Black Sabbath.
By CrossedPete
Sweet The Skull is such a great album I have the reissue from 2010. I would love to get my hands on an OG copy. Personally I’m looking for the Canadian pressing as I’m always looking for Banzai albums so I had to ask what release you have. :)
I love me some Doom metal. Born too late by Saint Vitus is one of my all time favourites. I stumbled on a newer local band called Vagina Witchcraft that aren’t too bad. The riffs are heavy and sludgy for sure, the vocals lean more towards a growl than the traditional doom metal vocals so there’s that. I think they have an ep on Bandcamp if you wanted to check them out

Got any other sweet OG metal records? What’s your favourite/rarest record you own? Here’s one of my favourites
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.92 MiB) Viewed 2298 times
We have Arrived by Dark Angel
By monsterworship
CrossedPete wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:34 am Sweet The Skull is such a great album I have the reissue from 2010. I would love to get my hands on an OG copy. Personally I’m looking for the Canadian pressing as I’m always looking for Banzai albums so I had to ask what release you have. :)
I love me some Doom metal. Born too late by Saint Vitus is one of my all time favourites. I stumbled on a newer local band called Vagina Witchcraft that aren’t too bad. The riffs are heavy and sludgy for sure, the vocals lean more towards a growl than the traditional doom metal vocals so there’s that. I think they have an ep on Bandcamp if you wanted to check them out

Got any other sweet OG metal records? What’s your favourite/rarest record you own? Here’s one of my favourites
image.jpgWe have Arrived by Dark Angel
my local shop got a crazy metal collection in so i did a trade and upgraded some of my originals of king diamond - fatal portrait, mf- don't break the oath, celtic frost - emperors return, witchfinder general - death penalty on blue, and the trouble s/t record.

banzai is such a cool label, i dont' think i own any though.
By CrossedPete
Awesome. I just have a reissue of Don't break the oath, I would love an OG copy. Emperors Return is a Major grail for me. My CD version of Morbid Tales has the ep included but I would love a copy on wax and I think Banzai released that one. I have that witchfinder general album on CD as well and it also kicks some ass. It’s been a while since I listened though.

Banzai is really great. I especially like they’re cassette releases. I have a small collection going and I’m not sure how crazy I want to go with it but there are some key albums I would love to have. I would especially love to track down all the “speed metal” releases I think there are 18 in total. I have 3 or 4 of them.
By reddye6
Dark ambient with Cities Last Broadcast
Attachments
2B1BC630-7176-4877-B662-6218FED16314.jpeg
2B1BC630-7176-4877-B662-6218FED16314.jpeg (1.82 MiB) Viewed 2236 times
By reddye6
Ulver - Hexahedron 2-LPs
Attachments
85EBAD20-4FAD-438D-BDC5-7050B09635F0.jpeg
85EBAD20-4FAD-438D-BDC5-7050B09635F0.jpeg (2.19 MiB) Viewed 2181 times
By CrossedPete
Bombay the Hard Way - Guns, Cars and Sitar’s I guess technically is a soundtrack but produce Dan the Automator lays down some pretty sweet beats. The track Fists of Curry reminds me of playing a dungeon in Legend of Zelda for the NES.
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.99 MiB) Viewed 2166 times
By ScoJo
CrossedPete wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:21 am Bombay the Hard Way - Guns, Cars and Sitar’s I guess technically is a soundtrack but produce Dan the Automator lays down some pretty sweet beats. The track Fists of Curry reminds me of playing a dungeon in Legend of Zelda for the NES.
image.jpg
Incredible record - also takes me back to a very specific time and place in the late 90s, and smoking waaaay to much, and enjoying some good times. Thanks for the memory jog, I'mma pull this out of the racks later! Think mine is 'gold' vinyl if I recall....
By CrossedPete
ScoJo wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:36 pm
CrossedPete wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:21 am Bombay the Hard Way - Guns, Cars and Sitar’s I guess technically is a soundtrack but produce Dan the Automator lays down some pretty sweet beats. The track Fists of Curry reminds me of playing a dungeon in Legend of Zelda for the NES.
image.jpg
Incredible record - also takes me back to a very specific time and place in the late 90s, and smoking waaaay to much, and enjoying some good times. Thanks for the memory jog, I'mma pull this out of the racks later! Think mine is 'gold' vinyl if I recall....
That’s awesome, I love records that can transcend you to another time and place. Music is so powerful in that way. My copy is also gold in colour. Do you have Bombay 2: Electric Vindaloo?
By ScoJo
CrossedPete wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:41 pm
image.jpg
That’s awesome, I love records that can transcend you to another time and place. Music is so powerful in that way. My copy is also gold in colour. Do you have Bombay 2: Electric Vindaloo?
I never did pick up Vol 2 stupidly. Might well look into rectifying that!

I’m super thrilled right now - had no idea there was a reissue of Galt Macdermot/Nucleus!! Just snagged a £20 copy, which is much better than the £180+ that I’ve never had spare to drop on the OG :) Amazing record, huge GM fan.
By CrossedPete
ScoJo wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:02 pm

I’m super thrilled right now - had no idea there was a reissue of Galt Macdermot/Nucleus!! Just snagged a £20 copy, which is much better than the £180+ that I’ve never had spare to drop on the OG :) Amazing record, huge GM fan.
Got to admit can’t say I’ve heard of Galt Macdermont or Nucleus but I just checked out a couple tracks and it sounds pretty solid.
By ScoJo
CrossedPete wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:41 pm
ScoJo wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:02 pm

Got to admit can’t say I’ve heard of Galt Macdermont or Nucleus but I just checked out a couple tracks and it sounds pretty solid.
He wrote ‘Hair’ ;-)
By reddye6
Dakota Suite/Vampillia - The Sea Is Never Full LP
Attachments
10E28191-92E9-4CB7-97D4-9A89C58FAAF4.jpeg
10E28191-92E9-4CB7-97D4-9A89C58FAAF4.jpeg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 2054 times
By reddye6
Deathprod - Dark Transit EP
Attachments
62C2A2D2-FC47-48C7-9E26-9246CDEE6CFC.jpeg
62C2A2D2-FC47-48C7-9E26-9246CDEE6CFC.jpeg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 2051 times
By Dollarhyde
Argo - Zeme L
IMG_20210910_222533.jpg
IMG_20210910_222533.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 1968 times
Recently picked up this curio for £10 and it's really rather brilliant imo, Oddball Avant Garde electronic jazz folk?
It's one of those records that just as you think you have it sussed it throws another wtf curve ball.
ARGO (Lithuanian electronic music collective) relaased, it seems, three LP's this being the last, released in the middle of the 80s, I'm already in the process of owning the other two 😂.
https://www.discogs.com/artist/852121-Argo-4
Whole LP.os on YouTube