Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
CrossedPete wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:33 am Evil Dead image.jpg
This rescore is very cool, was a great to see the film restoration with the new soundtrack. Normally I’d find the idea of it sacrilege, but it was really something to behold. I’m hopeful with this being the 40th anniversary they’ll do a release of the new restoration. The current 4k is fine, but they new one is stunning. If they do a release of the newer one with both audio options, that would simply make my year :)
By NathanLurker
I just watched Tenebrae with my gf and I need to get it out of my chest that the movie makes no sense. I still bought the Synapse Blu ray and watched it three times all in all. But every time, I feel like it's being disrespectful to me.

"I'm sure you won't guess who's the killer and how it ends, Nathan muhahaha"
-Dario

"Of course I didn't, Dario, cause it doesn't work, in the end..."
-Nathan. Still your friend.

Oh well. It possibly has the best movie poster for an Argento movie, at least.

---

By CrossedPete
Hatter313 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:50 am
This rescore is very cool, was a great to see the film restoration with the new soundtrack. Normally I’d find the idea of it sacrilege, but it was really something to behold. I’m hopeful with this being the 40th anniversary they’ll do a release of the new restoration. The current 4k is fine, but they new one is stunning. If they do a release of the newer one with both audio options, that would simply make my year :)
Im jealous of you Hatter. Evil Dead didn’t play anywhere near me when they released it. I hope if they do put a 40th anniversary they release a cut with said score I would love to see it. Also I wish they would add Within the Woods to a release as an extra. I’ve seen it once but it was a real shitty quality

And Nathan I gotta say I love the ending of Tenebre it so insane just thinking about it puts a smile on my face. Sometimes for me it doesn’t have to make sense if it’s entertaining I can forgive a lot. Pieces is the same way the ending is just so ridiculous I can’t help but smile
By Hatter313
CrossedPete wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:12 am
Hatter313 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:50 am
Im jealous of you Hatter. Evil Dead didn’t play anywhere near me when they released it. I hope if they do put a 40th anniversary they release a cut with said score I would love to see it. Also I wish they would add Within the Woods to a release as an extra. I’ve seen it once but it was a real shitty quality

And Nathan I gotta say I love the ending of Tenebre it so insane just thinking about it puts a smile on my face. Sometimes for me it doesn’t have to make sense if it’s entertaining I can forgive a lot. Pieces is the same way the ending is just so ridiculous I can’t help but smile
I have a dvd somewhere here of within the woods, great stuff!

I love the score to tenebre and some of the set pieces, but honestly I never think too much about the plots of Italian horror...they clearly didn’t

I only watch pieces with the Umberto rescore. To me it’s just a visual album now, that movie is completely bonkers
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:18 am
I only watch pieces with the Umberto rescore. To me it’s just a visual album now, that movie is completely bonkers
What the hell. I own the Grindhouse bluray and didn't even realize there was a rescore by Umberto on it. I will be investigating that soon. I really enjoy the original hodge podge score but I'm very curious to see what Umberto did. BASTARDS!!! Is on of the most baffling and hilarious scenes.

Funny discovery I made last year when looking up Umberto, his name is actually Matt Hill and I was listening to his music well before Umberto. He used to contribute to Expo 70 (Justin Wright) albums in the mid to late 00's. I just never put the two of them together as the same person until last year. When I realized they had the same name and some of the re-uploads on bandcamp for early Expo 70 stuff referenced him.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:47 pm
Hatter313 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:18 am
What the hell. I own the Grindhouse bluray and didn't even realize there was a rescore by Umberto on it. I will be investigating that soon. I really enjoy the original hodge podge score but I'm very curious to see what Umberto did. BASTARDS!!! Is on of the most baffling and hilarious scenes.

Funny discovery I made last year when looking up Umberto, his name is actually Matt Hill and I was listening to his music well before Umberto. He used to contribute to Expo 70 (Justin Wright) albums in the mid to late 00's. I just never put the two of them together as the same person until last year. When I realized they had the same name and some of the re-uploads on bandcamp for early Expo 70 stuff referenced him.

Yeah I saw him do it live, after that I couldn’t watch it any other way.
By ScoJo
NathanLurker wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:34 am I just watched Tenebrae with my gf and I need to get it out of my chest that the movie makes no sense. I still bought the Synapse Blu ray and watched it three times all in all. But every time, I feel like it's being disrespectful to me.

-Dario

---

Argento will never be confused with Robert Towne!
By NathanLurker
ScoJo wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:07 pm
NathanLurker wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:34 am I just watched Tenebrae with my gf and I need to get it out of my chest that the movie makes no sense. I still bought the Synapse Blu ray and watched it three times all in all. But every time, I feel like it's being disrespectful to me.

-Dario

Argento will never be confused with Robert Towne!
For sure haha.
By Mateo Sanboval
A fine score and one of my favorite DWRC releases in recent years.
Last edited by Mateo Sanboval on Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.