General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
After many months in transit, I finally received these two Arvo Part cassettes direct from the label, ECM. I love ECM in general and they have cemented themselves as one of my top three jazz labels over the years. They also have had a long running classical sublabel called ECM New Series. There are many amazing releases on this imprint in my opinion, but perhaps my favorite composer/performer is Arvo Part. So when I saw that ECM had turned up some deadstock of these deluxe cassette editions from the 80's and were selling them for their original list price, I leapt. Do I already have these on wax? Yes. Do I need these? No. Am I going to enjoy the hell out of opening and playing them tonight? Bet the house on it.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:52 pm Never heard of those, going to investigate...
Largely minimal, mostly chant and choral based, neo-classical and religious compositions as methods to achieve pseudo-mystic levels of musical enlightenment.
By Mateo Sanboval
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:11 pm @Mateo - I remember the first time I heard Lamentate, the street, the weather, such a magical piece of music.
Hell yes, JM. Hell yes. It's transformative shit.
By Bezulsqy
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:06 pm
inksb wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:52 pm Never heard of those, going to investigate...
Largely minimal, mostly chant and choral based, neo-classical and religious compositions as methods to achieve pseudo-mystic levels of musical enlightenment.
that sounds very interesting :-)
By Mateo Sanboval
That's the OG, baby. I used to have one of those once upon a time.
By CrossedPete
inksb wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:23 pm That Blue Velvet tape is awesome!
fun fact I just opened the tape today. I bought it last year from a local record store sealed for 4$ and forgot about it til today.
By inksb
Big tape dump. I've had a lot of tapes arrive over the last month or so and finally decided to post them.

We'll start with a grail of mine that I had just assumed I would never own. The original run costs over $300, which for a cassette is just an insane amount of money. I would never pay that and so to discover they were doing a new run just filled me with joy. I love this cassette.

Haruomi Hosono - Hana ni Mizu (Watering a Flower)

Ohbliv - Give Thanks

A great little beat tape.

Burial Grid - We've Come For Your Flesh

Love the artwork and the oldschool cassette art layout that you saw a lot in the 80's and early 90's.

Dream Division - Death Walks On Nitrate

An incredibly short cassette (not happy I paid $24 for 15 minutes of music) but what's on here is good.

God Hand - OST

This is a goofy release, I can't believe some one made this but I bought it and there's some fun stuff on here. I love the IGN review score included on the front cover.

And finally the two newest Spun releases both of which are very good. I need to give them another listen though as I've just had too much coming in lately that I can't keep up. Love the look of the frosted tape though so fitting.

By Mateo Sanboval
Lovely haul, Inks. Especially that Hosono. I've sold a few tapes in that $300 range over the years and I was amazed every darn time. What a nutty number.
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:54 am Lovely haul, Inks. Especially that Hosono. I've sold a few tapes in that $300 range over the years and I was amazed every darn time. What a nutty number.
Curious if you remember, what tapes did you sell that some one actually paid hundreds of dollars for?
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:42 am
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:54 am Lovely haul, Inks. Especially that Hosono. I've sold a few tapes in that $300 range over the years and I was amazed every darn time. What a nutty number.
Curious if you remember, what tapes did you sell that some one actually paid hundreds of dollars for?
I definitely do remember. It was all vapor.
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:45 am
inksb wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:42 am
I definitely do remember. It was all vapor.
That makes sense. low run oop vapor releases always sell for crazy amounts.