General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
What do you think of that one @bez?

I don't think it's very "Stephen King like" musically. Rupert's music is great but I just don't get that King vibe from it.

I really love Side of that Blair Witch inspired tape from Andy. I've had my tapes for a few weeks but haven't had a chance to snap any photos.
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:10 pm What do you think of that one @bez?

I don't think it's very "Stephen King like" musically. Rupert's music is great but I just don't get that King vibe from it.

I really love Side of that Blair Witch inspired tape from Andy. I've had my tapes for a few weeks but haven't had a chance to snap any photos.
To be honest I don't know what Stephen King like musically would be. I liked this tape but it is not top tier for me. Now listening to:

By static14
Haven’t listened to Frankenhooker yet, but Demon Wind might have the most tape hiss I’ve ever heard. And its not from the masters, the moment you start playing until the moment each side stops. Wall of hiss.
By inksb
That's a shame, especially for the price. I know it came with a digital copy of the movie and that increased the price but I have all those movies on bluray so a digital copy wasn't a draw for me. I'm not sure where they sourced them from.
By Mateo Sanboval
Demon Wind is a glistening turd of a film. Quadros is in top form the whole time.
By static14
inksb wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:20 pm That's a shame, especially for the price. I know it came with a digital copy of the movie and that increased the price but I have all those movies on bluray so a digital copy wasn't a draw for me. I'm not sure where they sourced them from.
It comes with a digital copy of the score too, so i may just rerecord it with Dolby B
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:59 pm Demon Wind is a glistening turd of a film. Quadros is in top form the whole time.
It's one of the best Evil Dead rip offs. It's truly a bad film with some fun stuff sprinkled through out.
By deafmetal
@ScoJo - Sounds great, but so very short. Just letting the tape flip over and over while working today.

@static - I also grabbed a copy of the black vinyl from the sale, but yeah, love this poster art. Did you see that Vinegar Syndrome released a couple limited runs with that cover art? I want one now, of course, cuz I'm me.