Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By chiefbrody
@chris, indeed it is! I inadvertently had an offbeat Christmas theme going as the previous spin was Batman Returns.

@static, you've provided inspiration got my next spin. I rushed out to find a copy after the STBC sync we had, but it's been a while since I listened.
By inksb
I hated Escape from LA when it first came out. But I've warmed up over the years and I really do enjoy that soundtrack. Unfortunately the worst scene in that movie is the surfboard scene.
By chiefbrody
@inksb, I think I enjoyed it enough first time, then the surfboard scene stayed with me afterwards and, without seeing it again, convinced myself it was without any redeeming qualities! I've softened and like it, and the score, but that scene still kills me inside a little bit each time!
By ScoJo
Been spinning the MOV reissue today/doing a wee compare with the original S.Korean press from '92, pretty glorious sounding folks. Deep n rich and quiet. The embossed sleeve was a cool surprise too!

Holland for the win once again!!

IMG_0203.JPG
IMG_0203.JPG (166.54 KiB) Viewed 1779 times

By ScoJo
chiefbrody wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:07 pm @inksb, I think I enjoyed it enough first time, then the surfboard scene stayed with me afterwards and, without seeing it again, convinced myself it was without any redeeming qualities! I've softened and like it, and the score, but that scene still kills me inside a little bit each time!
Pam Grier as 'Carjack/Hersche' is definitely not something to think about too much.

Always enjoyed The Chin cameo as Surgeon General though!
By deafmetal
ScoJo wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:09 pm Been spinning the MOV reissue today/doing a wee compare with the original S.Korean press from '92, pretty glorious sounding folks. Deep n rich and quiet. The embossed sleeve was a cool surprise too!

Glad to hear this report, @ScoJo. I also caved and ordered a copy which should be arriving soon. The embossed sleeve looks great.
By ScoJo
deafmetal wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:14 pm
ScoJo wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:09 pm Been spinning the MOV reissue today/doing a wee compare with the original S.Korean press from '92, pretty glorious sounding folks. Deep n rich and quiet. The embossed sleeve was a cool surprise too!

Glad to hear this report, @ScoJo. I also caved and ordered a copy which should be arriving soon. The embossed sleeve looks great.
Disappointed you will not be!

By ChrisMcQueen007
ScoJo wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:37 pm
deafmetal wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:14 pm

Disappointed you will not be!

Yes, very happy to hear that. My trusted online dealer should soon have a copy for sale which I will grab swiftly.