Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By monsterworship
tis the season again. Do you want to participate in the 3rd annual STBC Secret Holiday Vinyl Exchange? (STBCSHVE)

Once we get a total count, we will assign numbers to each participant. I'll will use a random number generator to assign the numbers to each other.
Each person sends me their address and a want list of 3-5 items (new or used) which I'll forward to their assigned santa. Then they send the gift directly to you.

1) The person sending to you isn't necessarily the person you are sending to.
2) it is possible to get a foreign address so you have to be cool with sending out international shipping at your cost or order from a euro distro and have it drop shipped.
3) Value to spend is typically $20 to $40
4) Last year we kept is strictly to soundtracks and similar stuff (library records, imagined ost etc)
By Hatter313
Yup!
By inksb
I'm sure many of you are realizing that these will probably be arriving well after the holidays with the shipping slowdown (at least in the US), at this point I may have the record I ordered in hand by the end of the week but it maybe early next week. If I were smarter I would have just had the order shipped directly to the person but oh well. Hope you all have a great holiday.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:29 pm I'm sure many of you are realizing that these will probably be arriving well after the holidays with the shipping slowdown (at least in the US), at this point I may have the record I ordered in hand by the end of the week but it maybe early next week. If I were smarter I would have just had the order shipped directly to the person but oh well. Hope you all have a great holiday.
Literally just had the same thought

Have you noticed everything getting bogged down in New Jersey? I think it’s the main hub for the north east and I’ve had stuff make it to the NJ distro hub and then disappear for weeks before moving again.
By havershaw
Phoenix distro center is exactly the same way.
I had Bride of Frankenstein sit there for 8 days before they finally moved it out to my suburb. I think it took a total of 16 days to get from New Orleans to Mesa, AZ?
By Hatter313
havershaw wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:36 pm Phoenix distro center is exactly the same way.
I had Bride of Frankenstein sit there for 8 days before they finally moved it out to my suburb. I think it took a total of 16 days to get from New Orleans to Mesa, AZ?
This is precisely the title I’m watching do this right now. Shipped on the 30th...it’s been in New Jersey for over a week. Interestingly this has now happened three times in the last six months and 2/3 were waxwork orders, although New Orleans to suburban NY should take a tad longer, but still haha
By Bezulsqy
There is a chance I will not get to send the gift I wanted to send. As I am waiting for a record to arrive to me as well. Now I am thinking of having it send directly to my receiver. Today a major lockdown started where I live so I might have no other choice... I really wanted to create a custom secret santa holiday vinyl exchange gift... Maybe I will create another one to celebrate the end of Covid-19!
By tim28212
Same boat. Waiting on mine to arrive to ship out to it's recipient. Most likely wont make it before Christmas. Greensboro seems to be the bottleneck for my area. Had a package sit there for a week before moving.