General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Two excellent releases arrived last week. KA's Honor Killed the Samurai (love the image on the back of this) and Orpheus Vs the Sirens which he released under The Hermit & The Recluse moniker. Orpheus is by far my favorite album from him and I was pretty happy to see him repress these as they have been going for over $200 a piece on discogs for a while.

By Dollarhyde
Kiyoshi Sugimoto - L.A. Master
Records like this lay to rest rumours Japanese vinyl is EQ'd with no bass, the bass on this record sounds phenomenal.
There is a copy the cogs for $85, I assume it won't be around for long.

By Mateo Sanboval
I've never seen a decent copy before, let alone with the OBI intact.
By Mateo Sanboval
Dollarhyde wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:29 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:22 pm I've never seen a decent copy before, let alone with the OBI intact.
I lucked out, graded VG+ but looks/sounds glossy NM :)
From The Cogs?
By NathanLurker
So, I ordered multiple variants of the new Ulver album, from the label House of Mythology. there was multiple packages involved to get all the variants. One of the package contained the wrong album. Instead of getting the new Ulver (Flowers of Evil), I received TELEPLASMISTE's "To Kiss Earth Goodbye". The label resent the correct item and they didn't ask me to return this one.

For real, this is a very pleasant surprise. It has liner notes by Stephen Thrower, one track has trance recording of occultist Alex Sanders. It's esoteric ambient, new age, kinda krautrock in some way. For fans of Minimal Synths and transcendental kosmische. I highly recomend giving it a listen.

By tim28212
David Bowie ‎– Young Americans
RCA Victor ‎– APL1-0998
Attachments
PA263972.JPG
PA263972.JPG (250.25 KiB) Viewed 2637 times
By inksb
Dollarhyde wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:12 pm Kiyoshi Sugimoto - L.A. Master
Records like this lay to rest rumours Japanese vinyl is EQ'd with no bass, the bass on this record sounds phenomenal.
There is a copy the cogs for $85, I assume it won't be around for long.
This sounds fantastic.
By chiefbrody
I'm not normally a fan of double LPs in the digital era, as it tends not to be how it was meant to be heard, but this is one of the best albums I've heard this year so wanted it on LP. Unfortunately it's one of the worst (badly centred) pressings I've ever seen. I have the UK/EU black vinyl.
Attachments
20201028_081728_resized.jpg
20201028_081728_resized.jpg (300.06 KiB) Viewed 2580 times
By chiefbrody
Fennesz - Agora

I've returned to this quite a lot this year. I can't even remember if it was released this year or last.
Attachments
20201028_181926_resized.jpg
20201028_181926_resized.jpg (561.98 KiB) Viewed 2567 times
By Mateo Sanboval
You boys need to have some stern words with Allegheny County.
By Dollarhyde
Another rip from another box set, not OST related so I'll stick it here.
Tokyo Philharmonic Chorus ‎– 合唱音楽の領域 ーその新しい地平ー
SJX-1067~73
There is one track on this beastly 7lp box set that really stands out from the rest imo, and I wouldn't have picked it up if it were not for this track.
South No. 5 by Takehisa Kosugi.
Kosugi was a Avant Gaurd abstract sound pioneer and founding member of 'Group Ongaku' created at the end of the 50's. Kosugi went on to work with the Taj Mahal Travellers and many others onwards. His Drone masterpiece Catch-wave is one of his most famous works, and sought after.
This little gem I've ripped has a simple premise, a small choir group of contempory singers plus Kosugi running the microphones through some Hypnotic Delay effects. Add to that an audiophile level of recording and mastering.