Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By skeletonbutt
sorry, yes, i should have said "already have the blow out records release" but i suppose my original comment could apply to sorcerer too. shipping is brutal to canada from anywhere, even from within canada. i use cross border pickups which can lower the cost if you order many things from the us at once.
By inksb
Color Out of Space OST sounds pretty damn good, I sampled it digitally yesterday. Not really interested in Sabrina, especially with it being a 3LP but that Gretel & Hansel sounds mighty interesting. I'm hoping to go see it this weekend or next.
By NathanLurker
Sooo... color out fo space is not a Waxwork title ? they only have a special color ? I just saw a listing on amazon .ca from 'Sony Music Canada Entertainment Inc.' which would have costed me half the price I paid for the waxwork edition....
What kind of bullshit is it that I can get from there the same exact album, currently at 24,07$CAD, that I got from Waxwork at 37SCAD.
By ScoJo
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:37 pm Sooo... color out fo space is not a Waxwork title ? they only have a special color ? I just saw a listing on amazon .ca from 'Sony Music Canada Entertainment Inc.' which would have costed me half the price I paid for the waxwork edition....
What kind of bullshit is it that I can get from there the same exact album, currently at 24,07$CAD, that I got from Waxwork at 37SCAD.
Interesting... yep, they make no mention that they are just selling a WW colour. I just checked the numbers tho- for me, the WW cost me $28+$13 shipping ($41) while the amazon would be $32+$7 shipping ($39) so there's not much in it from here in UK.

Unless I get hammered by customs of course :-/ (which does occasionally happen with WW shipments)
By skeletonbutt
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:37 pm Sooo... color out fo space is not a Waxwork title ? they only have a special color ? I just saw a listing on amazon .ca from 'Sony Music Canada Entertainment Inc.' which would have costed me half the price I paid for the waxwork edition....
if it's any consolation, my original preorder at the $24 price was cancelled and now it has appeared back on amazon at a $58.71 price tag.
By skeletonbutt
if you feel like it, you can contact amazon via the chat feature. reference the old order that they cancelled and the new item number for the inflated version. i was told that you can preorder the new expensive version and be credited back the difference once it ships.
By Bezulsqy
It looks like waxwork is going to release some boxset with Godzilla? Or some other kaiju stuff together with Toho.

Sounds the same as what Death Waltz announced some months ago.
By NathanLurker
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:12 pm It looks like waxwork is going to release some boxset with Godzilla? Or some other kaiju stuff together with Toho.

Sounds the same as what Death Waltz announced some months ago.
oh, on Facebook there wasn't a mention of boxset but there's a hashtag on their instagram post... interesting....There's alsso a hashtag for showaera. if it's the whole of it, wouldn't it be ( appropriately ) a gigantic boxset ?
By deafmetal
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:23 pm oh, on Facebook there wasn't a mention of boxset but there's a hashtag on their instagram post... interesting....There's alsso a hashtag for showaera. if it's the whole of it, wouldn't it be ( appropriately ) a gigantic boxset ?
Fifteen Godzilla films and about 30+ other kaiju/scifi films in the Showa era.
By NathanLurker
deafmetal wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:38 pm
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:23 pm oh, on Facebook there wasn't a mention of boxset but there's a hashtag on their instagram post... interesting....There's alsso a hashtag for showaera. if it's the whole of it, wouldn't it be ( appropriately ) a gigantic boxset ?
It's a deal with Toho, and we hear the Godzilla stomp and roar, I don't see this containing more than the 15 showa Godzilla, but even then. the whole 15 ? surely some music is reused by multiple movies in the serie, so maybe not 15 LP, but still.... it would most likely be bigger than the 8LP NOES boxset.

That subber discount is gonna come in handy.
By Mateo Sanboval
NathanLurker wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:36 pm
deafmetal wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:38 pm
It's a deal with Toho, and we hear the Godzilla stomp and roar, I don't see this containing more than the 15 showa Godzilla, but even then. the whole 15 ? surely some music is reused by multiple movies in the serie, so maybe not 15 LP, but still.... it would most likely be bigger than the 8LP NOES boxset.

That subber discount is gonna come in handy.
Don't forget to read that fine print, boys.
*subscriber discount does not count toward box sets, triple LP sets, double LP sets, single LP sets, 7 inches, comics, apparel, frisbees, thimbles, lederhosen, locks of Kevin's hair, or really anything else except the leftover coffee beans from 2018
By NathanLurker
oouuhh shots fired.

I like anthologies (even though they always are flawed), so I kinda like the comics. But I wouldnt try to convince you. They're not as good as CREEPY/EERIE/EC stuff.
By Mateo Sanboval
static14 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:30 pm Okay @Mateo, but does the discount apply to their bad comics?
*subscriber discount does not count toward box sets, triple LP sets, double LP sets, single LP sets, 7 inches, comics, apparel, frisbees, thimbles, lederhosen, locks of Kevin's hair, or really anything else except the leftover coffee beans from 2018
Doesn't look like it.
By ScoJo
I decided that I don't want the Bride of Frankenstein 'spinature'... I NEED it, and need it bad. They have totally intersected with my sweet spot on this one. This is easily the best toy sculpt ever of The Bride, gorgeous. Just a shame they didn't do it as an 8" (or bigger) vinyl figure really, I'd have happily gone $50 for a larger bust of this design.

https://waxworkrecords.com/products/the ... 4398052413

As they don't ship outside the US, would anybody be interested in buddying for me please? Buy on my behalf and forward on to the UK once it arrives? Be your best bud? :)

filmficciones (at the old) gmail (dottage commage)

:D

By Revolver_OcelScott
ScoJo wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:18 am I decided that I don't want the Bride of Frankenstein 'spinature'... I NEED it, and need it bad. They have totally intersected with my sweet spot on this one. This is easily the best toy sculpt ever of The Bride, gorgeous. Just a shame they didn't do it as an 8" (or bigger) vinyl figure really, I'd have happily gone $50 for a larger bust of this design.

As they don't ship outside the US, would anybody be interested in buddying for me please? Buy on my behalf and forward on to the UK once it arrives? Be your best bud? :)

I got you! I'll email you shortly.
By ScoJo
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:21 am
ScoJo wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:18 am I decided that I don't want the Bride of Frankenstein 'spinature'... I NEED it, and need it bad. They have totally intersected with my sweet spot on this one. This is easily the best toy sculpt ever of The Bride, gorgeous. Just a shame they didn't do it as an 8" (or bigger) vinyl figure really, I'd have happily gone $50 for a larger bust of this design.

No.... I believe that now I have investigated the matter thoroughly.... it is, in fact, YOU who are the man!

*fisty bumps*

By Revolver_OcelScott
ScoJo wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:07 pm
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:21 am

No.... I believe that now I have investigated the matter thoroughly.... it is, in fact, YOU who are the man!

*fisty bumps*

Shot you the email
By Hatter313
I just got my subscriber spinature of the monster, and I gotta say while there is a zero chance this will ever be put on my turntable, the size and quality of the sculpt is really a great ornament to go with my other universal monsters stuff.

Looking at the silhouettes on the store, I see Michael and the three trick or treaters from H3, can’t tell that that other one is, maybe Mrs Voorhees? Bates? Definitely looks like a female form but I’m not sure
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:14 pm I just got my subscriber spinature of the monster, and I gotta say while there is a zero chance this will ever be put on my turntable, the size and quality of the sculpt is really a great ornament to go with my other universal monsters stuff.

Looking at the silhouettes on the store, I see Michael and the three trick or treaters from H3, can’t tell that that other one is, maybe Mrs Voorhees? Bates? Definitely looks like a female form but I’m not sure
And The Creature!
By Mateo Sanboval
I thought the first silhouette, immediately to the right of The Bride was The Wolfman. And I also see The Creature, but I was admittedly thinking Universal Monsters at the time. Good call on the H3 kids, Hatter. Does anyone know if WWR is going to release other Universal music, like Frankenstein?