Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
NathanLurker wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:19 pm Really ? I don't know, the artwork is not very representative of the movie but it's not ugly, is it ? It's most likely the only vinyl edition coming out of this score. I'm a bit puzzled that this specific artwork would turn you off completely from owning the music on wax. I mean, it's fine, I'm just surprised that you're not hyped for this Scott. You could pull off a custom sleeve for it.
Hmm - well I don't get everything that I like on vinyl tbh, especially modern film stuff. And if I feel like the art doesn't work, it's a real buzzkill and it would just irritate me every time I take it off the shelf! DW are by far the worst for me on this front- half of their releases I strongly react against the chosen art. (About half of the time I just don't like what they choose) It's no biggy- I'm happy to listen to lots of stuff digitally. It saves me money (and what with DW, Mondo and WW prices being ridiculous here in the UK, and DW's mastering/pressings can be questionable too...)
I basically wish Silva Screen or Milan had put this out instead, with the key art, on black good-sounding wax and for £20! ;)
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:18 pm
NathanLurker wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:19 pm Really ? I don't know, the artwork is not very representative of the movie but it's not ugly, is it ? It's most likely the only vinyl edition coming out of this score. I'm a bit puzzled that this specific artwork would turn you off completely from owning the music on wax. I mean, it's fine, I'm just surprised that you're not hyped for this Scott. You could pull off a custom sleeve for it.
Hmm - well I don't get everything that I like on vinyl tbh, especially modern film stuff. And if I feel like the art doesn't work, it's a real buzzkill and it would just irritate me every time I take it off the shelf! DW are by far the worst for me on this front- half of their releases I strongly react against the chosen art. (About half of the time I just don't like what they choose) It's no biggy- I'm happy to listen to lots of stuff digitally. It saves me money (and what with DW, Mondo and WW prices being ridiculous here in the UK, and DW's mastering/pressings can be questionable too...)
I basically wish Silva Screen or Milan had put this out instead, with the key art, on black good-sounding wax and for £20! ;)
I see I am not the only one who dislikes that cover. It is truly terrible and does not portray the sentiment of the movie at all. I will buy the record though. In due time as this will not sell out soon. Has any release for that matter in the past couple of months?

Reading in the blurb on Metavari that it is limited to 1000 makes me laugh because it was released for RSD 2019. I wish they would stop with mentioning quantities or any other marketing speak for that matter.
By skeletonbutt
i don't care for the cover either, but will wait until the free shipping promotion at the end of the year to pick it up, along with the others i've been putting off.
By inksb
I took the poster and cropped it using my phone. Zero effort here and I prefer this to what they made.

I was scrolling through the artists blog (Gilles Vranckz) and I actually like most of his portraits, this is by far one of his weakest things compared to his other work.
By 334578rpm
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:15 am Reading in the blurb on Metavari that it is limited to 1000 makes me laugh because it was released for RSD 2019. I wish they would stop with mentioning quantities or any other marketing speak for that matter.
Also, it's $10 right now at LITA.
By elifunk
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:57 am on the back obi for I Guerrieri dell'anno 2072 it says the following:

I did completely missed that DWRC would re-issue Stelvio Cipriani's score to Umberto Lenzi's Nightmare City aka Incubo Sulla Città Contaminata

also In the Folds of the Flesh aka Nelle Pieghe Della Carne

and a re-issue of Cannibal Holocaust?

hi, any news about Incubo Sulla Città Contaminata?
By Hatter313
elifunk wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:19 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:57 am on the back obi for I Guerrieri dell'anno 2072 it says the following:

I did completely missed that DWRC would re-issue Stelvio Cipriani's score to Umberto Lenzi's Nightmare City aka Incubo Sulla Città Contaminata

also In the Folds of the Flesh aka Nelle Pieghe Della Carne

and a re-issue of Cannibal Holocaust?

hi, any news about Incubo Sulla Città Contaminata?
I literally noticed this the other day as well. I think their release schedule changes at some point last year well after they had printed these obis, it happens on a few other obis as well with a few other releases, and has honestly been happening forever where a release was teased or announced at some point and then never materialized. rights issues, time limits etc.

i imagine these will appear eventually though, the Italian stuff usually does.
By inksb
Yeah Castlevania Symphony of the Night took almost 2 years to appear from the time it appeared on the "coming soon" section to being released.

In positive news, I received shipping notification for my order with mondo I placed on 4/14. I was waiting til 5/14 before I emailed to ask what's going on with it, they must have sensed my thoughts. I'm excited as it's 3 DW releases I put off purchasing originally but ended up with good prices due to the sale.
By inksb
elifunk wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:28 pm perfectly themed in this period, or perhaps for someone it would have been bad taste ahah.
movie is good, hugo is cult, soundtracks is nice and cover is top notch but the OG honestly not worth that price imho.

i will continue to wait..
Wow, I just looked it up on discogs and the only copy is selling for $900.
By deafmetal
elifunk wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:28 pm perfectly themed in this period, or perhaps for someone it would have been bad taste ahah.
movie is good, hugo is cult, soundtracks is nice and cover is top notch but the OG honestly not worth that price imho.

i will continue to wait..
+1 on this. Looking forward to the reissue.
By Bezulsqy
Am I right in thinking that when Spencer tweets something about a movie or Blu-ray release he has the accompanying soundtrack in the pipeline?
That would mean Full Metal Jacket and Possessor...
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:01 pm Am I right in thinking that when Spencer tweets something about a movie or Blu-ray release he has the accompanying soundtrack in the pipeline?
That would mean Full Metal Jacket and Possessor...
FMJ was certainly one of my guesses for the other Kubrick ost that they were teasing. Considering the original press is easy to find, not to mention the reissue a few years back, it's great that they will be providing an overpriced 'deluxe' version with no doubt questionable artwork and pressing (and the composer credit teeny tiny and hidden somewhere...)
Can't wait!
Lol
By inksb
I received my copy of Sette Note In Nero today from Mondo and to my surprise it's on black vinyl, not white. I'm very happy about that. I haven't had a chance to spin the record yet but I opened it and checked out the packaging. Very nice. I will say that I don't think I like vinyl slip cases, it's just another thing to take off and possibly get damaged.
By layneharvey
inksb wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:54 pm I received my copy of Sette Note In Nero today from Mondo and to my surprise it's on black vinyl, not white. I'm very happy about that. I haven't had a chance to spin the record yet but I opened it and checked out the packaging. Very nice. I will say that I don't think I like vinyl slip cases, it's just another thing to take off and possibly get damaged.
mine is black as well. i contacted them bia their website because the newsletter said white and they only have white on the website. wonder if the full run was inadvertently pressed on black. you think they would have caught that.
By layneharvey
havershaw wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:13 am 7876450C-E880-4409-B65E-0AA67104C76C.jpeg
i have contacted them to find out what’s up. they are closed on Monday for Labor Day so perhaps i will hear something on Tuesday.
By layneharvey
jgibbs4053 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:13 pm I emailed Mondo and they sent me a return label and will replace for white one
same here. it sounds like they were not aware that some black ones were pressed. makes me wonder if i send it back and i get another black one. almost at the point where i just keep the black copy. 😀