Post about your favourite artists here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:33 pm Not a clue. My wife looked into it years ago but I can't remember if she came up with anything or not. I should dig through the extra pages and see if there is an artist listed.
If this page is anything to go by some of the artists appear to be German:

46 x 10 cm. 26 unpaginierte Blatt. Abreisskalender. Ohne die Kordelhaltung, sonst sehr gutes Exemplar. Mit Nonsens - Versen von Wolfgang Bächler und Grafiken u.a. von Heinz Balthes, Anthony Canham, Klaus Endrikat, Axel Hertenstein, Bernard Schultze etc. [Vgl. Reske 350]. Buchnummer des Verkäufers 12131AB

https://www.zvab.com/schönrer-Tod-diese ... 2305217/bd
By tim28212
finally put my Alien poster in a frame. Now to find a place to hang it. Most likely it will end up in my office at work where Jaws it surrenly residing
Attachments
P1094077.JPG
P1094077.JPG (122.86 KiB) Viewed 5607 times
By static14
:)
Attachments
603A7FB2-C4FE-42A2-9936-9BEAC0851C6F.gif
603A7FB2-C4FE-42A2-9936-9BEAC0851C6F.gif (127.85 KiB) Viewed 5605 times
By tim28212
Thanks everyone! I've had this poster tucked away for well over ten years so it feels really good to finally be able to display it.
By ScoJo
tim28212 wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:37 pm finally put my Alien poster in a frame. Now to find a place to hang it. Most likely it will end up in my office at work where Jaws it surrenly residing
Oof!
By ScoJo
Have been meaning to swap out my posters for ages, and this one has been neglected sat in a tube for waaay too long. I once tried to sell it in an era of fiduciary desperation, but was thankfully lowballed with offers so decided 'fuck off, I'm keeping it!'

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (1.6 MiB) Viewed 5509 times

UK quad poster - the 'from Alan Dean Foster' is a really quirky touch... suggests that he was the only person remotely connected to the film (film tie in author) who had any name recognition at all! Haha...
Last edited by ScoJo on Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By tim28212
ScoJo wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:47 pm Have been meaning to swap out my posters for ages, and this one has been neglected sat in a tube for waaay too long. I once tried to sell it in an era of fiduciary desperation, but was thankfully lowballed with offers so decided 'fuck off, I'm keeping it!'

FullSizeRender.jpg

UK quad poster - the 'from Alan Dean Foster' is a really quirky touch... suggests that he was the only person remotely connected to the film (film tie in) who had any name recognition at all! Haha...
Nice!
By Mateo Sanboval
The Alan Dean Foster? Wow. That's big time.

Now everyone go read Codgerspace.
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:38 pm And somebody pay him his goddam royalties while you're at it
Hear effing hear.
By The Cult Leader
I just recently moved cross country and finally am starting to get settled in. A lot of my art is still not on my walls yet, but I was able to get a few up this week.

By ScoJo
Third Man and Godzilla look like Francavilla?
Last edited by ScoJo on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mateo Sanboval
Cult, beautiful stuff. Third Man and The Sandlot are my faves. Francavilla is probably one of only two or three comic artists who I make sure to always buy. Lovely work. Also, congrats on a successful move during a pandemic. That's no small task. Where'd you end up?
By The Cult Leader
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:52 pm Cult, beautiful stuff. Third Man and The Sandlot are my faves. Francavilla is probably one of only two or three comic artists who I make sure to always buy. Lovely work. Also, congrats on a successful move during a pandemic. That's no small task. Where'd you end up?
Thanks Mateo! It was a crazy year to say the least. A move from NYC to Seattle is already kind of tough, getting my entire collection over wasn't easy or cheap lol, but somehow I managed to do it without breaking anything.

I think all those years of hauling boxes of records from TX to NY helped. Hatter313 can attest to my skills smuggling records across state lines 😅
By static14
Some truly Amazing stuff in this thread. I have a number of posters, but not many of them are framed. Most stored in a couple of tubes and a few foam core mounted from my college days.