General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ChrisMcQueen007
NathanLurker wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:14 pm Anyone followed We Release Jazz' latest releases ? They have 2 new Ryo Fukui releases for pre order, and their previous releases for Boillat Thérace Quintet seem very good to me. I preordered all of them.
I‘m sure these will be excellent as all their previous releases. I love the first two Fukui that they put put out and will for sure buy the other two now. Not sure about the Boillat Thérace Quintet - but will most likely get those eventually.
By Steve Powder

great Foat record I got for retail price. This is up there with my favorites of his, along with Nightshade and Girl and Robot with Flowers

his music makes me happy
By ChrisMcQueen007
@Steve: Fantastic music. I missed that one, high on my wantlist (listening to it digitally for the time being). I also really like The Honey Bear - not everyone’s favourite but I enjoy the vibes of that album immensely.
By zuko

Thumping tuba action on Theon Cross’s album from last year. Also has the awesome Moses Boyd on drums.
By Steve Powder
NEW FOAT!

The quality of the recording on that record is insane Jimmy. Playing that next.

Hes way more experimental on this one though, I like the sides 3 and 4 a lot. downbeat.

By Mateo Sanboval
Just indulging in a little smooth jazz fusion masterclass while I make a ghetto gourmet version of Frito Pie, or Pepper Belly for any SoCal denizens, for supper. Last spin for tonight. Chin, chin!
By Jimmy_Mike
@Mateo - great to have you back. I think I can speak for the board and say we could all use more Mateo in 2020.
By Mateo Sanboval
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:13 am @Mateo - great to have you back. I think I can speak for the board and say we could all use more Mateo in 2020.
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:52 am Great recommendation and great to have you back @Mateo.
Gents, thank so much for the warm welcome. Nine months ago, I stepped out for a quick pint and, well, let's just say I took the Magellan route home. Glad to see you both. And in such fine shape to boot!
By Mateo Sanboval
I was still hungry after spinning Golden Dog.
By Mateo Sanboval
Emile Normand Sextet- Canada (Radio Canada International / 1969)
An nice slice of Latin Jazz and one of my all-time favorite LP covers. It looks like it should be a library record full of tunes representing all the different facets of Canada depicted on the sleeve, but instead it's just a pretty talented Canadian sextet covering Lateef, Silver, Jarrett, Roach, et al.
By Dollarhyde
@mateo - really nice cover, always wanted to see Canada, one day.

@Jimmy

Still need to check that Japanese jazz comp.
Also, Cortex! !
By Mateo Sanboval
Spinning Return To Forever, my favorite album by the great Chick Corea who passed away this morning. I'll probably spin The Crystal Silence, his first record with Gary Burton after this. RIP.
By 334578rpm
The new Acoustic Sounds reissue is just stunning.
Attachments
PXL_20210204_025320232.jpg
PXL_20210204_025320232.jpg (1.59 MiB) Viewed 2268 times
By CrossedPete
Red Clay
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.39 MiB) Viewed 2261 times
I’m still fairly new to Jazz I gotta say Herbie Hancock might of brought me to the dance but I’m staying for Freddie Hubbard. This has got to be one of my favourite records. Not just favourite Jazz albums but in general this is sooooo good.