Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Tron4Life wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:05 pm Lazy afternoon continues with Nicolas Cage singing.
Wait - is that a 10", @Tron? Never come across that before, and I consider myself a former WaH obsessive!

To prove it, SIX very quick personal WaH related tales:

- Saw it at the flicks on release with my soon-to-be-wifey. We were blown away. Went to a restaurant afterwards and at the end of the meal our friendly waiter left a note for us on the back of the cheque - it was a drawn heart, with the words 'Wild at Heart' written inside it.

- We got married in five feet of snow, Feb '90. Weather was so bad that nobody came. I was wearing black jeans and rollneck and a long black coat, withRaybans which I didn't take off the whole ceremony. She was wearing a crushed velvet black catsuit, with a chainmail metal bra over the top. We were REALLY into that film.

- We got married (re-affirmed) a second time in New Zealand, the year after. This time I was wearing one of Mel Gibson's costumes from the film The Bounty (looong story) and she was in a pagan virginal white dress, and we walked down the aisle outdoors to 'Im Abendrot', the big theme from WaH.

- Sadly the marriage only lasted for 6 years, but we parted friends (eventually). But I couldn't shake off the influence of Sailor and Lulu. My next )ish) gf, I serenaded her in public with 'Love Me'; a busker was in a busy town square with mic and amp, and I went up and gave him £10 to let me sing the song. To everyone's (including my girl's) confusion - she hadn't seen the film. Afterwards, I said I was a bit embarassed, but she was super sweet and said 'no, don't be - I will never get in your way or stop you doing crazy stuff. Go for it.' (I did ;)

- I was co-manager of an arts cinema in the early 90s, and a member of staff there used to work for Palace Pictures in London. He mentioned one day that he had a WaH promotional 'letter man' jacket, black with a puffy film logo heart on the back. I bought it from him for £60. I lost it long ago... and it still hurts.

- Later on, yet another gf. She had never seen the film and it was playing on TV one night, but she was desperate to take a bath desperate to take a bath and was going to miss it. So I spent an hour and very elaborately arranged a system of mirrors (I shit you not!) which carried the reflection of the TV out of the front room, down a corridor, and through the open door into the bathroom where she could watch it whilst luxuriating. This is 100% true.
By Tron4Life
ScoJo wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:14 pm
Tron4Life wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:05 pm Lazy afternoon continues with Nicolas Cage singing.
Wait - is that a 10", @Tron? Never come across that before, and I consider myself a former WaH obsessive!

To prove it, SIX very quick personal WaH related tales:

- Saw it at the flicks on release with my soon-to-be-wifey. We were blown away. Went to a restaurant afterwards and at the end of the meal our friendly waiter left a note for us on the back of the cheque - it was a drawn heart, with the words 'Wild at Heart' written inside it.

- We got married in five feet of snow, Feb '90. Weather was so bad that nobody came. I was wearing black jeans and rollneck and a long black coat, withRaybans which I didn't take off the whole ceremony. She was wearing a crushed velvet black catsuit, with a chainmail metal bra over the top. We were REALLY into that film.

- We got married (re-affirmed) a second time in New Zealand, the year after. This time I was wearing one of Mel Gibson's costumes from the film The Bounty (looong story) and she was in a pagan virginal white dress, and we walked down the aisle outdoors to 'Im Abendrot', the big theme from WaH.

- Sadly the marriage only lasted for 6 years, but we parted friends (eventually). But I couldn't shake off the influence of Sailor and Lulu. My next )ish) gf, I serenaded her in public with 'Love Me'; a busker was in a busy town square with mic and amp, and I went up and gave him £10 to let me sing the song. To everyone's (including my girl's) confusion - she hadn't seen the film. Afterwards, I said I was a bit embarassed, but she was super sweet and said 'no, don't be - I will never get in your way or stop you doing crazy stuff. Go for it.' (I did ;)

- I was co-manager of an arts cinema in the early 90s, and a member of staff there used to work for Palace Pictures in London. He mentioned one day that he had a WaH promotional 'letter man' jacket, black with a puffy film logo heart on the back. I bought it from him for £60. I lost it long ago... and it still hurts.

- Later on, yet another gf. She had never seen the film and it was playing on TV one night, but she was desperate to take a bath desperate to take a bath and was going to miss it. So I spent an hour and very elaborately arranged a system of mirrors (I shit you not!) which carried the reflection of the TV out of the front room, down a corridor, and through the open door into the bathroom where she could watch it whilst luxuriating. This is 100% true.
Good stories. That particular release is 12" vinyl. Cage singing and Badalamenti's songs on the flipside made it easy purchase for me. :)
By 334578rpm
Halfway through side one, sounding good so far. Really impressed by the quality of these releases!
Attachments
IMG_20191112_215059.jpg
IMG_20191112_215059.jpg (309.04 KiB) Viewed 995 times
By inksb
My post office decided it wasn't going to deliver packages today. I had multiple things to be delivered today, one of them The Hitcher. All of them said out for delivery this morning when I checked but when I got home nothing on the porch, checked tracking and they all say expected delivery tomorrow. Bastards, I was so excited to listen to The Hitcher.
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:44 am 2014. On definitely on my best of 2010s list.
I have never seen this type of pour in wax until a few days ago when Terror Vision posted a video or pic of the new Pet Semetary Two LP. I thought it was quite cool looking. Now I see it here too.

As discussed in my help thread this was last nights listening. @ScoJo you killed on this release, thank you so much for putting the effort into this one.

Followed by this monster release which I love

By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:44 pm
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:44 am 2014. On definitely on my best of 2010s list.
I have never seen this type of pour in wax until a few days ago when Terror Vision posted a video or pic of the new Pet Semetary Two LP. I thought it was quite cool looking. Now I see it here too.
Do you mean the Terror Vision slip mat mixed with a transparent record...

By static14
All The Colors of The Dark - Bruno Nicolai

Also lovely spin @havershaw :)
Attachments
E1171CC7-D5EA-4D2C-BBEF-C219469420F7.jpeg
E1171CC7-D5EA-4D2C-BBEF-C219469420F7.jpeg (677.54 KiB) Viewed 864 times