Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
havershaw wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:58 am Whoa, that Eyes Down record is really good.
Sure is. It may be my favorite Burning Witches release of the year, it's right up there with the Cory Kilduff record.
By Mateo Sanboval
Does anyone know roughly what "random time" posters usually go up at Mondo? I'm out of practice, but I think I remember it being mid-morning Pacific Time.
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:25 pm Does anyone know roughly what "random time" posters usually go up at Mondo? I'm out of practice, but I think I remember it being mid-morning Pacific Time.
I haven't bought a poster in a while but I remember them showing up usually between 11am-1pm est.
By Bub
Mondo is running their Free Shipping promo for in-stock vinyl
*$10 flat rate shipping for international orders

They've marked down some stuff like The Visitor & Cannibal Apocalypse to $10. Sort price from Low to High to check the rest out. Great opportunity to fill holes.

They've also slipped in some previously out of stock/exclusive stuff.
By Bub
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:16 pm The Visitor is easily worth $50. Hot hot hot.
It's such a banger. People would be silly not to bag it at that price. Beast in Space is down to the last copy it appears. I had held off on getting it this whole time & luckily I checked the stock before it was too late.
By Mateo Sanboval
How the heck is The Visitor only $10? That's bananas.
By Hatter313
...double post, sorry. See full post below....
Last edited by Hatter313 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hatter313
Oh man, the visitor. that was still when the variants were “randomly inserted”

As much as I’ve cooled on the colors in my later years, (it’s been at least 6 right?, haha) I was still super thrilled to peek inside that sleeve and see I got one of them.

That record is in the top ten mondo has ever released, a weird totally off the wall cult hit. I had only first seen the movie a few months earlier.

Seriously, to any of our newer friends on here (inks, I’m looking at you) snag that puppy now while it’s that cheap, you won’t regret it.
By inksb
Hatter313 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:40 pm Oh man, the visitor. that was still when the variants were “randomly inserted”

As much as I’ve cooled on the colors in my later years, (it’s been at least 6 right?, haha) I was still super thrilled to peek inside that sleeve and see I got one of them.

That record is in the top ten mondo has ever released, a weird totally off the wall cult hit. I had only first seen the movie a few months earlier.

Seriously, to any of our newer friends on here (inks, I’m looking at you) snag that puppy now while it’s that cheap, you won’t regret it.
Thanks for the heads up. The movie is insane and I love it. I had assumed this OST sold out a while ago. My local shop has a copy and they want $40+ for it so I always passed on it. $10 is an instant buy.
By Bezulsqy
Can someone with more knowledge of previously sold out and must have titles let me know which releases added in the next couple of days are not to be missed?
By 334578rpm
A few I can think of that are OOP or might be soon:
- The Visitor (This one may disappear due to the sale price. Don't sleep on it!)
- Rome Armed/The Cynic
- Black Swan (or The Fountain)
- Maniac (both of them)
- Zombie Holocaust
- Mad Max FR
By havershaw
I don’t see Rome Armed/Cynic on there - I emailed them last year and they said they were all gone and I had to get one from Discogs.

It’s an absolutely killer record, though, so if you see that they have it back in stock, I’d grab it.

The Broken Lamps Kaleidoscope LP is also terrific, which I thought they were sold out of, but I see that they still have some. Highly recommended if you don’t have it.
By inksb
havershaw wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:07 pm I don’t see Rome Armed/Cynic on there - I emailed them last year and they said they were all gone and I had to get one from Discogs.

It’s an absolutely killer record, though, so if you see that they have it back in stock, I’d grab it.

The Broken Lamps Kaleidoscope LP is also terrific, which I thought they were sold out of, but I see that they still have some. Highly recommended if you don’t have it.
Broken Lamps LP is fantastic. Any one who skipped that should probably jump on it.
By Bezulsqy
334578rpm wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:34 pm A few I can think of that are OOP or might be soon:
- The Visitor (This one may disappear due to the sale price. Don't sleep on it!)
- Rome Armed/The Cynic
- Black Swan (or The Fountain)
- Maniac (both of them)
- Zombie Holocaust
- Mad Max FR
Thanks for the tips. I hope they will add some of the Fountain.
By tim28212
I had many in the basket but ended up just getting 2, Broken Lamps Kaleidoscope and Bruno Nicolai's The Case of the Scorpion's Tail.
By inksb
tim28212 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:45 pm I had many in the basket but ended up just getting 2, Broken Lamps Kaleidoscope and Bruno Nicolai's The Case of the Scorpion's Tail.
Good choices @tim
By havershaw
I have and love both of those!
Scorpion is what got me started on Nicolai, if I recall (because they had it on clearance at my local record store).
By Bub
I got The Beast In Space before it disappeared & most likely getting
Contraband
Rewind This
The Case of the Scorpion's Tail
Werewolf Woman
Fuga dal Bronx
Beyond The Gates
By chiefbrody
Bub wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:51 pm I got The Beast In Space before it disappeared & most likely getting
Contraband
Rewind This
Werewolf Woman
Fuga dal Bronx
Beyond The Gates
We're in a similar space @bub, I ordered:
Beast in Space
Werewolf Woman
Beyond the Gates
Contraband
Maniac Cop 2
The Beyond Composer's Cut

In the excitement of the lower prices on some items and $10 shipping I went against my normal rule of concentrating on records I don't have in any other format (got half of these on CD/digital). Hope I don't get too down when the inevitable Customs charges come rolling in!
By Bub
chiefbrody wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:04 pm
Bub wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:51 pm I got The Beast In Space before it disappeared & most likely getting
Contraband
Rewind This
Werewolf Woman
Fuga dal Bronx
Beyond The Gates
We're in a similar space @bub, I ordered:
Beast in Space
Werewolf Woman
Beyond the Gates
Contraband
Maniac Cop 2
The Beyond Composer's Cut

In the excitement of the lower prices on some items and $10 shipping I went against my normal rule of concentrating on records I don't have in any other format (got half of these on CD/digital). Hope I don't get too down when the inevitable Customs charges come rolling in!
Ha! If I didn't already own Maniac Cop 2, we would've been even closer. Good luck with the import fees though!