Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
static14 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:00 pm Ouch. You guys are tough. I’m no huge fan of variants, but we’re getting Elfman’s score for Scrooged on vinyl!
Getting Scrooged is awesome! And the art isn't even some hackneyed cartoonish thing; it looks like it might be the real deal (at least on my phone). So that's a big plus as well. I (we?) just can't resist a good natured poke at all the chase colors.
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:06 am Interesting, I assumed that was just going to be the score for the show but it's a live performance.
As much as I would like a score version too, this still seems like a great overall package. I got the Varese Saraband 40th Anniversary Vinyl and it had 1 track from Lost and ever since then I'd been hoping there'd be some sort of release.
By Mateo Sanboval
I wonder why they are choosing the live performance over the actual score? Perhaps it's a money/rights issue.
By Spun out of control
Apologies for hijacking the thread for a moment... just a heads up to those who don't follow Spun... on social media that we have Bryce Miller's 'Monochrome Daydream' album now in hand and shipping out now to all those who pre-ordered.

This is an album of brand new music inspired by Bryce's long term love of synth soundtracks - and comes off the back of him contributing music and sound design for a bunch of big movie trailers including Bladerunner 2049, Godzilla King of the Monsters and most recently Doctor Sleep.

Ltd to 300 copies worldwide, divided equally between either blue or cream coloured vinyl

Expect Vangelis type ambience mixed with synth bangers!

Remaining copies & a bunch of reviews at Bandcamp: https://spunoutofcontrol.bandcamp.com/a ... e-daydream
Attachments
Bryce Miller Monochrome Daydream Vinyl copy.jpg
Bryce Miller Monochrome Daydream Vinyl copy.jpg (691.66 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
Bryce Miller Monochrome Daydream Spun Out Of Control copy.jpg
Bryce Miller Monochrome Daydream Spun Out Of Control copy.jpg (502.27 KiB) Viewed 3975 times
By inksb
Jimmy_Mike wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:51 am That’s good news...is it?

Has 2HD improved on their process?
Probably not any better than they were but hey it saves on the import cost and you get 10% off with the DFC coupon code. I haven't ordered since earlier this year and it was a long drawn out ordeal.
By ScoJo
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:29 am Almost every order I get through 2HD arrives damaged. I have severely cut down ordering from them except if there's no other option.
Damn- why is that? Does he use 'flimsy-arse' mailers?
By inksb
Revolver_OcelScott wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:29 am Almost every order I get through 2HD arrives damaged. I have severely cut down ordering from them except if there's no other option.
With all of my issues I've had with him over the years, his LP mailers have never been an issue for me. His cassette shipping on the other hand is straight up amateur. Most of the tapes I get from him are busted cases due to him just throwing the tape into a bubble lined mailer and that's it. If he's going to use the bubble lined mailer, wrap the tap in some bubble wrap as well.
By ScoJo
inksb wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:51 pm
With all of my issues I've had with him over the years, his LP mailers have never been an issue for me. His cassette shipping on the other hand is straight up amateur. Most of the tapes I get from him are busted cases due to him just throwing the tape into a bubble lined mailer and that's it. If he's going to use the bubble lined mailer, wrap the tap in some bubble wrap as well.
Yeah, or make a little cardboard sleeping bag for the tape before putting in jiffy, that seems to work for me ;)
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:10 pm
Yeah, or make a little cardboard sleeping bag for the tape before putting in jiffy, that seems to work for me ;)
ScoJ, what are those oversized mailers with the false corners you use called?
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:56 pm
ScoJo wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:10 pm

ScoJ, what are those oversized mailers with the false corners you use called?
Not sure about in the US, but the ones I get are called Music Max 'TWISTS' mailer. Adjustable for 1-around 6 records (depending if single or double etc)

https://www.defendapack.com/Bulk_vinyl_record_boxes_uk