A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

STBC FILM CLUB NO.14: LET'S SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH (1971) Sync & Chat

SHABOOYA ROLL CALL

DATE :

Sunday Dec 1st

10pm GMT / 5pm EST / 2pm PST

@hatter
@bub
@inksb
@mateo
@scojo
@static

TBC :

(...come on in fellas, the water's lovely...)

@chiefbrody
@Dollarhyde
@jgibbs
@jimmymike
@deafmetal

VIEWING OPTIONS:

I highly rec'd this 1080 Webrip, it's in widescreen (finally!) and the audio/video is outstanding. Wouldn't be at all surprised if this is the same HD source for the upcoming Shout bluray.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wMhid ... sp=sharing

If you're averse to 3GB files (and seeing films looking great/in their correct aspect ratio ;) you can also easily stream or D/load over at Archive.org (the film must be in the public domain then it seems... hmm, someone should def do some kind of soundtrack album in that case! ;-)

https://archive.org/details/LetsScareJessicaToDeath1971
Last edited by ScoJo on Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:59 am, edited 20 times in total.
Also am I crazy or did Frizzi himself kind of join us via twitter or have something to say about it at the first one with Zombi? I feel like I remember something kind of special about that one.
Honestly, as informative and engaging as it was in those days, I kind of like the fact that we’ve just hung on to our little corner of the internet and it’s just the dozen of us or so on here.

Random aside, mondocon 2 (maybe 3?) I wander down to the line at midnight or so to check out the chaos, guy asks me if I’m a poster trader and I say I’m mostly a soundtrack guy. He rattles off two or three mondo vinyl communities and asks if I’m a part of them, I go, like a brat “nah man, STBC” he goes “never heard of it, weird” and like a boss I walk away smiling this self satisfied arent I oh so pleased with myself smile. OG OST crowd, take that hipster scum.
Hatter313 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:58 pm Honestly, as informative and engaging as it was in those days, I kind of like the fact that we’ve just hung on to our little corner of the internet and it’s just the dozen of us or so on here.
Amen.

And you know, there are soooo many damn lurkers up in this bitch. They pop their heads up every now and again to ask 'hey, just in case anybody has an (insert super rare/sought after/bucks OST) spare and wants to let go of it for >heh heh< buttons :))) Love yu long time, byyyeeeeeee!'

Keeps me young, so it does ;-)
Nice idea Scott. I'd thought about trying to resuscitate the Sync but didn't know what the appetite would be. The Zombi one was always remembered for obvious reasons, but I remember a few good 'uns.

If we're going 11pm UK time (?), I'll probably favour the Saturdays, but happy to try for the Sundays if that's the consensus.
Sunday nights alright for... scaring!

Count me in @ScoJo - like others here will need to be directed to a copy of the film, though I see Amazon has it to rent :)

Has it ever had a blu ray release?

[Ah just seen Shout Factory has an upcoming blu ray in Jan 2020: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Lets-Sca ... ay/142953/)