Feel free to rant and rave in here, but please no slander or offensive remarks !

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Bezulsqy
As English is not my mother tongue there are a lot of English words do not know. I found a list I made a year or so ago containing some words I liked but did not know/understand.

obtuse
milquetoast
unperturbed
a gadfly
guffaw
egregiously
imbroglio
perusing
tributaries
disavowal
insouciance
By static14
obtuse - slow to get something, or understand it
milquetoast - bland
unperturbed - not bothered
a gadfly - someone really critical (that’s a tough one to explain in few words)
guffaw - a big laugh
egregiously - shockingly bad
imbroglio - really bad misunderstanding
perusing - looking through/at something
tributaries - a small body of water that feeds into a larger one, or a person that pays tribute to someone else
disavowal - denial of support for something
insouciance - being nonchalant
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:37 am As English is not my mother tongue there are a lot of English words do not know. I found a list I made a year or so ago containing some words I liked but did not know/understand.

obtuse
milquetoast
unperturbed
a gadfly
guffaw
egregiously
imbroglio
perusing
tributaries
disavowal
insouciance
A FABLE

Some time ago, the future of a Good Place was quite suddenly thrown into question. Chaos threatened to rule the day. Despite polite queries from it's citizens regarding the future of their precious land, their distracted monarch was obtuse and offhand in the few responses he offered. A great many feared the worst.

Though they would never be described as milquetoast or 'a pushover', the collective brotherhood chose to meet this ungentlemanly response from their overseer with patience, wisdom and steadfast resolve, unperturbed by the dismissive tone of these pronouncements. (Many had suspected for some while that this gadfly manner was a deliberate provocation... it is not our place to speculate however.)

With a hearty guffaw and a girding of the loins, plans were set in motion to prevent that Good Place from being egregiously vaporised with a dismissive wave of this knave's hand, and the whole confounding imbroglio was met head-on by a true champion from their ranks: a veritable White Knight of back-end hosting space who, after perusing this dire situation from his bucolic idyll, enobled himself to the Good Members by stepping in to peacefully and swiftly avert the calamity - therefore ensuring said brethren as lifelong tributaries to his Monstrously Worshipful reign.

In stark contrast to his predecessor's surprising disavowal of that Good Place (swept aside with a pointed 'ditch this shithouse and come join our crappy Facebook group instead', delivered with casually blunt insouciance...) the newly appointed benign overseer immediately instigated a Glorious New Dawn and, with but a few simple measures, ensured that the kingdom would prevail for a great many years to come...

THE END?
Last edited by ScoJo on Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Mateo Sanboval
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:09 am I love this place!
Hear hear.
By ChrisMcQueen007
Yes, really nice! Profiting from this as well, so thank you for the post and the replies.