Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:00 pm Track 18 from The Beyond Composers Cut - https://soundcloud.com/cadabraecords/th ... 36/s-P3nRK
Gonna give mine its first spin this weekend i think. pour myself a nice glass of something, kill the lights, and soak it in.
By Bezulsqy
$400 for the box... Very curious to see what is in it :-) With that price has to be liquid filled...

I will get the standard release at some point. In black.
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:57 am $400 for the box... Very curious to see what is in it :-) With that price has to be liquid filled...

I will get the standard release at some point. In black.
Does Cadabra actually do black? I feel like every release is at least color vinyl if not some form of splatter/swirl
By reddye6
They will have a black variant, and the $400 is a wax mage plus test pressing.
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:01 pm
reddye6 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:43 pm They will have a black variant, and the $400 is a wax mage plus test pressing.
What is a wax mage?

I assume it refers to these people: https://www.instagram.com/waxmagerecords/
Yeah it's special hand poured pressings from them I believe. The waxmage version of Alone in the Woods looks just like some of those photos.
reddye6 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:43 pm They will have a black variant, and the $400 is a wax mage plus test pressing.
I love Frizzi and I love The Beyond, but 400 bucks is quite a bit out of my price range. Sounds like I'll be ending up with plain old black wax, which is just fine with me.
By inksb
Grabbed the Shadows of Eibon Variant (ie black, lol) limited to 80 copies. Set me back $52. Why must I love The Beyond so much? I can't wait to hear this.
inksb wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:07 pm Grabbed the Shadows of Eibon Variant (ie black, lol) limited to 80 copies. Set me back $52. Why must I love The Beyond so much? I can't wait to hear this.
Same. Damn NY taxes haha. Sayonara Wild Hearts game and Vinyl OST went on sale at iam8bit too, expensive day
By deafmetal
Black vinyl.... praise Eibon.

Having enjoyed hearing the composer's cut performed live, along with listening to the recording of the Austin show, I am very excited to finally hear a studio recording. If anybody wants to dig deep on this project, please hit up the thread I started over three years ago:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=76591
By inksb
Weird, I didn't realize that the sub for the year only covered part of the year. That sounds like a nice sub but I don't have the $$$ for it and honestly the only I really want is the 6LP set.
By layneharvey
This label has become one of my favorites over the last few years. i have been in on the last three subscriptions, and the last two test pressing subscriptions. my test pressing collection is getting larger! always amazing recordings and great care taken in the overall presentation. each release is a work of art, sincerely. the 6xLP At the Mountains of Madness is going to be bonkers.
By inksb
My copy shipped yesterday! I can't wait to hear it. Listening to Fabio's interview on the Cadabra podcast this week made me even more excited for the show in November.