Talk about ( & to) record labels here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

YES...!

Shipping delays and an unexploded WWII bomb (now safely detonated) shutting down local roads for a while couldn't stop Steve Nolan's monolithic synth opus from arriving at Spun HQ in time for the weekend..!

In hand & shipping immediately...

If you held off on the pre-order, now's yer chance to grab one of the remaining 9 copies of the limited twin cassette set over at:
www.spunoutofcontrol.com
Attachments
Steve Nolan From Water Ream cassette pack copy.jpg
Steve Nolan From Water Ream cassette pack copy.jpg (630.48 KiB) Viewed 5990 times
Steve Nolan From Water Ream albums Spun Out Of Control copy.jpg
Steve Nolan From Water Ream albums Spun Out Of Control copy.jpg (758.55 KiB) Viewed 5990 times
Steve Nolan Ream album on cassette copy.jpg
Steve Nolan Ream album on cassette copy.jpg (717.3 KiB) Viewed 5990 times
Steve Nolan Ream album on tape copy.jpg
Steve Nolan Ream album on tape copy.jpg (344.21 KiB) Viewed 5990 times
It's been a minute, but we have another release heading your way, that I'm giving a preview to our Spin... brethren on.. :)

Something a bit different this time, for fans of Broadcast, Stereolab, Vanishing Twin, Beak...

It's a 'supergroup' put together by Correlations' main man Neil Hale, featuring members of Unkle, the Simonsound etc, and with more of a live band feel and groove, hence 'The Relations'.

Taking its inspiration from the Atomium building in Brussels, built for the 1958 World's Fair, this is nostalgia for a future not yet realised.

Go here to listen to a preview:

https://soundcloud.com/spunoutofcontrol ... lek-moulin
Attachments
The Relations Night's Prelude Correlations Spun Out Of Control.jpg
The Relations Night's Prelude Correlations Spun Out Of Control.jpg (1023.03 KiB) Viewed 5919 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Dark and urgent. I like it, Spun. Will this get any US distro? And did the Nolan double?
By inksb
Digging the hell out of that artwork. And the song too!

I see we are skipping 28 for now?
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:50 am Dark and urgent. I like it, Spun. Will this get any US distro? And did the Nolan double?
@mateo, you need to just buy Nolan from who ever you can find it from, it's worth the price. Buy it direct from bandcamp if still available or Norman or Transmission. It's excellent.
Cheers fellas...

Looking at mid or end of this month, dependent on an update from the tape guys...

@mateo

Yeah, there are a handful of copies of the Nolan earmarked for Two Headed Dog as usual.

https://www.twoheadeddog.com/search.php ... TEVE+NOLAN

To be honest, though, with the exchange rate at the moment - and the modest size & weight of a cassette pack - it's probably not a lot different from buying direct. We're sold out, but Transmission & Norman Records also have a few.
By Mateo Sanboval
Cheers, Spun. I didn't see that when I looked for it at 2HD the other day. As you know, I usually buy direct, but I fell asleep at the musical wheel.
A preview shot of the latest tapes...

A word to the wise: Releases June 28th, pre-orders up at our Bandcamp this evening (June 14th) at 6pm UK time.

Cassettes are in hand, so anyone who pre-orders will get theirs posted in advance.

PRESS RELEASE:

Correlations mainstay Neil Hale returns with electronic associates ‘The Relations’

Following previous albums Night Acquisitions and Aftermath on independent label Spun Out Of Control, Correlations’ Neil Hale returns with The Relations: a group of fellow electronic musicians laying down a propulsive motorik psyche-folk groove, taking cues from such diverse acts as Bob James, Rotary Connection, BBC Radiophonic Workshop, Velvet Underground and Beak.

Inspired by the eye-catchingly sci-fi Atomium building in Brussels and 1970’s crime thriller soundtracks, new album ‘Night’s Prelude’ is both the prequel and final installment in Neil’s Night Acquisitions series. Released as a limited edition run of 160 cassettes with artwork by label regular Eric Adrian Lee, choose from two available shell colours matching the j card: Psych Pink or Atomium Silver (80 units of each).

Musicians and collaborators joining Neil on Night’s Prelude include guitarist Stuart Cullen (aka Pilote), Tim Young of M3ON on keys, Simon James of Black Channels, The Simonsound and Akiha Den Den; Pablo Clements of Toydrum and Psychonauts; vocalists Kate Kelly, Rebekah Lord and Penny Ashby; plus saxophonist Kenny E.

Download cards supplied with all retail copies. Catalogue number SOS 029.
Attachments
The Relations Nights Prelude cassettes copy.jpg
The Relations Nights Prelude cassettes copy.jpg (811.7 KiB) Viewed 5811 times
The Relations NIghts Prelude.jpg
The Relations NIghts Prelude.jpg (241.36 KiB) Viewed 5822 times
By Bezulsqy
Did get these the moment they were released while sitting on a beach in Normandy. Looks stellar. How many more planned this year? I want to take a new picture with all SOS releases :-)
Couple of forthcoming attractions, releasing August 1st.

Simply stunning artwork once again from Eric Adrian Lee to match the stella tunes on these.

Pre-orders up very soon for those who want to grab one - or both!

If you've missed any recent Spun... releases, you definitely won't want to sleep on this pair. Digital + dual coloured/sided cassette.

Preview tracks here:
https://soundcloud.com/spunoutofcontrol ... -dreams-go
https://soundcloud.com/spunoutofcontrol ... ho-you-are
Attachments
Turquoise Moon Midnight Demon 2 cassette cover.jpg
Turquoise Moon Midnight Demon 2 cassette cover.jpg (160.82 KiB) Viewed 5722 times
Antoni Maiovvi Where Dreams Go To Die cassette cover.jpg
Antoni Maiovvi Where Dreams Go To Die cassette cover.jpg (359.84 KiB) Viewed 5722 times
Thanks to everyone supporting this release! We got to positions 1 & 2 on Bandcamp for sales of all formats for 24 hrs, which was pretty amazing.

Just a handful of the dual coloured, dual sided tapes left on pre-order here before it hits retail: www.spunoutofcontrol.com
Attachments
Where Dreams Go To Die Antoni Maiovvi cassettes Spun Out Of Control.jpg
Where Dreams Go To Die Antoni Maiovvi cassettes Spun Out Of Control.jpg (127.58 KiB) Viewed 5655 times
Midnight Demon 2 Turquoise Moon Andy Fosberry.jpg
Midnight Demon 2 Turquoise Moon Andy Fosberry.jpg (88.46 KiB) Viewed 5655 times
Many thanks to everyone who has picked up our latest releases, including those of you on this board!

Turquoise Moon's Midnight Demon 2 is sold out from us, and only 2 copies of Antoni Maiovvi's Where Dreams Go To Die left on our Bandcamp at the time of writing (although you can obviously still grab a digital download of each).

If you missed out direct, Norman Records have put up their allocation of cassettes:

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/1 ... ht-demon-2
For those who missed the announcement in the 'New Releases' thread yesterday, pre-orders are up for a new LP on vinyl from LA based composer Bryce Miller... in a choice of two 'flavours' (150 copies of each) reflecting his recent work in Hollywood.

GO HERE: www.spunoutofcontrol.com

Meantime, here's the release and pics, below:

Bryce Miller returns with ‘Monochrome Daydream’: an exciting new album of original electronic compositions

Sweeping, emotionally charged synth-scapes punctuated by excitingly upbeat dance floor destroyers reveal the varied creative palate of young electronic composer Bryce Miller. ‘Monochrome Daydream’, his third instrumental album released on Spun Out Of Control (following City Depths and WASP), is his first on vinyl.

Since those original cassette-only releases with the label, American-born Bryce has been forging a musical career in the movie business. His scoring and sound design has graced a host of big movie trailers; some of the most notable being Blade Runner 2049 and, more recently, Godzilla: King Of The Monsters, as well as scary Gator movie Crawl.

‘Monochrome Daydream’ builds on that experience working in Hollywood to deliver his own, unique widescreen vision, freed of any prescribed visuals and brief. The album thus takes the listener on their own journey in sci-fi and fantasy, providing a fiercely contemporary soundtrack to our own flights of imagination.

Cover design and visuals by Eric Adrian Lee. Download cards supplied with all retail copies. Limited edition coloured vinyl + digital download. Catalogue number SOOC LP3.

Bryce Miller on Monochrome Daydream:

“Monochrome Daydream feels like the album I’ve wanted to compose since first getting into the world of synthesizer-focused music. So many composers, soundtracks and artists have influenced my music, from Vangelis to Cliff Martinez, and I’m proud to now release my original take on the sounds of those futuristic and gritty stories. As with a traditional film score, you may notice a few main musical themes that weave throughout the entirety of the album, each following the action and our imaginary main characters, from propulsive and dark to intimate personal moments. I hope listening to this album invites you on a neon-lit daydream to whatever worlds you can imagine.”

For more on Bryce Miller, visit: brycemillermusic.com
Attachments
Bryce Miller Monochrome Daydream ltd cream vinyl.jpg
Bryce Miller Monochrome Daydream ltd cream vinyl.jpg (1001.33 KiB) Viewed 5574 times
Bryce Miller Monochrome Daydream ltd blue vinyl.jpg
Bryce Miller Monochrome Daydream ltd blue vinyl.jpg (1017.83 KiB) Viewed 5574 times