General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NathanLurker

Psychedelic/stoner/sludge from Italy. Concept album about Eve. It's a long track divided in 5 movements. Released in the label "Supernatural Cat", which is a sub company from Malleus Rock Art, who did the covers for the Waxwork Records' re-issues of Deep Red and Inferno.
By inksb
It's Future Funk. Essentially glorified DJ mixes focusing on City Pop. That's actually one of the best Future Funk releases I've listened to. So many of them sound the same, Young Bae actually has his own kind of distinct sound when it comes to the stuff. Check out his Japanese Disco Edits album, I think all physical releases are long sold out but you can listen to it or buy it for cheap on neoncityrecords.bandcamp.com
By tim28212
NathanLurker wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:08 pm My store didn't have Machu Picchu but I want it. How do you rate it against other Tangerine Dream albums ?
@nathan, I like it alot. I'm not sure it's so much a Dream album as a Froese album. Worth cehcking out on youtube or spotify if it's there. If you're a TD fan you'll most likely enjoy it.
By Bezulsqy
Nice ones @inskb. I am thinking of getting that aegean sea as well, although I have not heard a single note of the contents... I do understand it should be a very fine record.
By inksb
I definitely recommend it, I prefer Pacific to The Aegean Sea but Pacific is one of my favorite Hosono albums so that's not quite fair. I recommend grabbing it from Juno Records, they have it for really cheap. It was $16 USD plus shipping for me.
By Mateo Sanboval
The Aegean Sea is great. Inks, how is that Akiko Yano rekkid?
By Dollarhyde
I don't know that Aegean sea record, I think I need to familiarise myself with it, I know Pacific but not given it a proper listen, yet.

A couple of Hosono related LPs this morning

Both so so good in different ways.
By Dollarhyde
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:29 am Love that bottom cover!
Me too Bez. Interior by Interior on the Yen label which was run by Haruomi Hosono and Yukihiro Takahashi of YMO.
By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:45 am The Aegean Sea is great. Inks, how is that Akiko Yano rekkid?
I really enjoy Japanese Girl a lot, it's a wildly varied album with some equally catchy and weird songs on it. I wish I had an original LP to compare it to though as there seems to be some slight distortion on side A but I'm not sure if it's inherent to the song itself or just the remaster/pressing.

I plan on buying Tadaima. once I get some extra funds as that one is equally as good as Japanese Girl, although it's pushing more towards City Pop with a larger emphasis on synth based music.

@dollar nice YMO record, I assume that's an OG pressing? The reissue is on my list to pick up although I'm more of a fan of the self titled so that will take priority to pick up. I need to check out that Interior LP.
By Mateo Sanboval
Thanks for the review inks. I like a little City Pop; I'll check it out.

Interior is a fantastic album. I have both a cassette and LP copy but on the Windham Hill label. They signed with and released two records for WH if memory serves. One of which was a reissue of sorts of Interior. The WH track listing is slightly different, with Hot Beach replacing Cold Beach and one other swap that I cannot recall at this time. That's a lovely original Yen pressing, Dollar. Thanks for sharing.
By inksb
@mateo Japanese Girl is not City Pop, it's earlier than that but has some pop elements, it's a big melting pot of Japanese folk, pop, rock with western sensibilities. I believe members of Little Feet were involved in the production of the album. Tadaima is more City Pop oriented. Both are great.

By reddye6
Chat Noir from 2014
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.73 MiB) Viewed 2423 times