Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:Maestro Cipriani passed away today, 1st October, 2018.
Sad news. Cipriani made so many killer albums. I'm going to try and carve out some listening time for a few of my favorites.
By Spun out of control
To take a positive from this (if that is at all possible), it is of small comfort that these ageing maestros hopefully got to see their work being appreciated by a fresh generation of music lovers and soundtrack fans. Thinking also of Alessandroni & many others that had a critical spotlight shone back on them in the latter years of their careers.

I must admit that I've only really discovered the work of Cipriani in earnest through all the recent re-releases and re-issues and excited chatter on this site over the past four years, so I have STBC to thank for turning me on to absolute bangers like Too Risky A Day For A Regatta. What a legacy to have come up with something like that.
By Steve Powder
Yes, Stelvio had blood circulation issues in the brain. So many elderly happen to get that...

Stelvio with his Femina Ridens album was my gateway to soundtracks back in the days, thanks for that. It now seems composers from the golden age of cinema is starting to pass away, with new ears tuning in yes!
By deafmetal
So many wonderful compositions: Femina Ridens, Mark Il Poliziotto, Tentacles, Concorde Affaire '79, Nightmare City, Papaya, Baron Blood, Edipeon, The Bloodstained Shadow, and many more I have not even had the chance to listen to yet.
By texasvinyl
Steve Powder wrote:Yes, Stelvio had blood circulation issues in the brain. So many elderly happen to get that...

Stelvio with his Femina Ridens album was my gateway to soundtracks back in the days, thanks for that. It now seems composers from the golden age of cinema is starting to pass away, with new ears tuning in yes!
Is there one better than Femina Ridens? Such an amazing record. What else.. concorde affaire, alligator, tentacles were all great. And some later disco-influenced library stuff. Plus the bounty killer spaghetti western in the mid 60s. And Papaya! Maybe my favorite one way static releases.
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:
Steve Powder wrote:Yes, Stelvio had blood circulation issues in the brain. So many elderly happen to get that...

Is there one better than Femina Ridens? Such an amazing record. What else.. concorde affaire, alligator, tentacles were all great. And some later disco-influenced library stuff. Plus the bounty killer spaghetti western in the mid 60s. And Papaya! Maybe my favorite one way static releases.
All stone classics.
By NathanLurker
Yesterday I spun Deviation, Ecologia Del Delitto and Papaya. great stuff. the Great Alligator is definitely amongst my top Cipriani release. tentacles might be a bit repetitive, from what I remember. I should pull it out of the shelves for a spin again. also, Pieces. very cool release.
By ChrisMcQueen007
I would also throw in Un'Ombra Nell'Ombra, Piranha II, Last Angel, and Death Walks on High Heels.
Cipriani maybe didn‘t have what you would call a signature sound but that was actually his strength imo - he was so damn versatile.