Post about your favourite artists here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
EvanCampbell wrote:Between the deep hash comas and fighting with the landlord it's tough....but I will try.
Those excuses sound to me like two more stories you need to share.
By deafmetal
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
EvanCampbell wrote:Between the deep hash comas and fighting with the landlord it's tough....but I will try.
Those excuses sound to me like two more stories you need to share.
Indeed, it almost sounds like the beginning of a plot outline for Bubba Ho-Tep 2.
By EvanCampbell
corpse teeth.jpg
corpse teeth.jpg (139.73 KiB) Viewed 5803 times
Worked a little more on this one. Trimmed and burned the seam lines, made a little set of acrylic teeth
and put some glass eyes I had in.
corpse teeth 2.jpg
corpse teeth 2.jpg (127.31 KiB) Viewed 5803 times
Need to fill in some little imperfections and then I can finally paint the thing and put hair on it.
I will distress the teeth and eyes according to how far I go with the color on the head.
By Hatter313
This is great, I've been studying your pics pretty hard core looking at the shapes you get out of stuff, hope to share something new soon.
By EvanCampbell
Scott - that deserves a gif response if I knew the secrets to that.

Bez - Thanks a bunch for the kindly words. Glad you are digging the pics. I look forward to working on this when I get a chance. One aspect is I know you guys appreciate this kind of stuff. Makes it fun to post here.

Hatter 313 - I am happy that in some way I am encouraging that old flame you had for sculpture. I look forward to seeing your work. Just have fun with it and no pressure. Just simple fun.
By Mateo Sanboval
EvanCampbell wrote:Bez - Thanks a bunch for the kindly words. Glad you are digging the pics. I look forward to working on this when I get a chance. One aspect is I know you guys appreciate this kind of stuff. Makes it fun to post here.
That goes both ways, Brother Evan. I know I check in a bit more when you're on a bender, artistic or otherwise.
By Hatter313
I think that’s whats been so nice about coming back to it now, it’s just for me, no pressure. If I get an Idea I can set some time aside and work at it, if it ebbs for a bit there’s no one looking for results: nice to have a tactile hobby again haha.

I had to do some repair work to this guy, thought I could get away with leaving the armature in and there was some cracking around the jaw line. It kind of made his face a little more interesting, so I’m pretty pleased with the stylized way he came out.
1BF14B4F-2A21-4181-8A01-4DFB995C622D.jpeg
1BF14B4F-2A21-4181-8A01-4DFB995C622D.jpeg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 5739 times
Last edited by Hatter313 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hatter313
Another angle, pics are proving consistently too large to post from my phone for some reason lately
D9C1F5B0-1344-4598-969C-4CCA204CB945.jpeg
D9C1F5B0-1344-4598-969C-4CCA204CB945.jpeg (976.4 KiB) Viewed 5738 times
By Hatter313
EvanCampbell wrote:Hatter - Nice...I am kind of getting a Poe vibe to the face for some reason...an angry Poe. :)
Ha, well spotted. he had hair at first but the head shape was coming off too flat, and there was absolutely a Poe resemblance. When i re-sculpted the top of his head i decided i liked him better bald and didn't redo the hair.
By EvanCampbell
Zombie head 500.jpg
Zombie head 500.jpg (140.05 KiB) Viewed 5243 times
Finally had time to get back to this guy. Painted him and now starting the hair work.
Have most of the top of the head done. Need to do the eyebrows, eyelashes and
a little beard, neck and face stubble to put a some bluish, green into the cheeks and jaw.
Hair work is an incredibly tedious process. Most of the hair on the head is glued on
in rows but the hairline, eyebrows, eyelashes are single and two hairs at a time inserted.
Spent an entire Saturday just doing the hairline....got to be a machine invented for this!!

There is a few areas I am going to punch up with some gelatin pustules on parts of the head
and face.