Post about your favourite artists here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
monsterworship wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:37 pm 7C3BE30B-C7DC-44F2-B692-F410B653F046.jpeg
Nice to see the boot making an appearance, I still have that one too. Was a treasured find for many years, even after the official release. You didn’t happen to snag the LW&C boot too did you? That’s a real beast to find now :(
By monsterworship
ScoJo wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:15 am
monsterworship wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:37 pm 7C3BE30B-C7DC-44F2-B692-F410B653F046.jpeg
Nice to see the boot making an appearance, I still have that one too. Was a treasured find for many years, even after the official release. You didn’t happen to snag the LW&C boot too did you? That’s a real beast to find now :(
the one on the left is an original baby cart productions. you can tell because of the round logo which is not on the boots.

nope, i regret not picking up the LW&C vinyl version.
By inksb
@monster and @tim, those are fucking great.
@monster I see you have the LE of Arrow's The Thing. I missed that one but grabbed the standard one that didn't come in the fancy hard box. I also bought Scream Factory's blu even though it's pushed very blue in color for the transfer. I have the new UHD on pre-order as well.
By monsterworship
inksb wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:23 pm @monster and @tim, those are fucking great.
@monster I see you have the LE of Arrow's The Thing. I missed that one but grabbed the standard one that didn't come in the fancy hard box. I also bought Scream Factory's blu even though it's pushed very blue in color for the transfer. I have the new UHD on pre-order as well.
i have the scream factory as well, and a few steelbooks.
By deafmetal
I would like to source a vintage Italian film poster with Sciotti’s original artwork some day. I do appreciate this recent collaboration with Frizzi though. I was barely able to get this one sheet home from SFO in one piece as there were no tubes at the concert. I feel the creases give it some character and bring back fond memories. The OST included with the Blackest Heart Media graphic novel was actually the first album format where I listened to Frizzi’s compositions back in the late 90’s. It’s an interesting production with film interludes between tracks. Anchor Bay clamshell VHS. I still want the Japanese VHS. -_-
By deafmetal
Also wishing for a vintage one sheet here, but I could dream, right? I believe this print was received from a sendaway promotion via the Collector's Edition DVD also shown here. I prefer other artwork from the original film marketing, but it seems people have made a million prints now of the more famous poster with Kong on top of the ESB fighting the planes (the '66 Italian re-release poster is a gem though). Also now realizing I have never read the film novelization. It seems that Burroughs, Doyle, and Howard kept me busy enough with tales of other giant apes and beasts, but it's probably time to source this missing piece.
By Dollarhyde
Amazing collections everyone. I'm still missing the graphic novel.
IMG_20210829_090705.jpg
IMG_20210829_090705.jpg (2.27 MiB) Viewed 2641 times
IMG_20210829_091814.jpg
IMG_20210829_091814.jpg (2.23 MiB) Viewed 2641 times
By tim28212
no movie poster but I think I got the other 3 covered
Carrie
Attachments
P8294334.JPG
P8294334.JPG (325.99 KiB) Viewed 2592 times
By ScoJo
tim28212 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:56 pm no movie poster but I think I got the other 3 covered
Carrie
Wooo.... that ex-libris middle h/c edition is beautiful :)

Growing up in Edinburgh I distinctly recall my parents had the movie tie-in paperback on the shelf. I must have been five or six when I found it, and was obsessed/terrified by the film images on the cover!
By ScoJo
Thought I’d share this - I could have done a better job with the picture matting (sadly an online framing service let me down/ran out of time waiting)…

My mum’s 70th coming up so this is a combo of her favourite author/film/actor, with sigs!

91496131-003F-4AA8-B479-07834ACCF1A1.jpeg
91496131-003F-4AA8-B479-07834ACCF1A1.jpeg (2.11 MiB) Viewed 2489 times
By tim28212
ScoJo wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:57 pm Thought I’d share this - I could have done a better job with the picture matting (sadly an online framing service let me down/ran out of time waiting)…

My mum’s 70th coming up so this is a combo of her favourite author/film/actor, with sigs!

91496131-003F-4AA8-B479-07834ACCF1A1.jpeg
You're a good son. Your mom will love it.
By inksb
That's really awesome @scojo. I have a friend that would punch the glass, rip out that picture of Stephen and run away as fast as possible.
By ScoJo
What the hell - here's one of the other special 70th gifts that I put together for my dear mum. It's kinda relevant to this thread anyway, being a film prop and book related... I'm sure some of you will dig this (even though the books are unreadable crap, I do fuck with the films up to a point! And that closing cue by Zimmer in the first film is magnificent)

As well as Stephen King, she's also a massive Da Vinci Code nut. So I sourced a really nice replica metal Cryptex and re-programmed the combination to a significant word, then created a parchment scroll with a riddle/clue just like in the film. Inside the (super heavy!) metal cylinder there is a nice piece of silver jewellery, a fox charm (she's also obsessed with fox welfare/hunt ban etc). You can see how it really ties the room together :)

Ps I'm aware of my atrocious spelling of Tutankhamun! This was a draft of the scroll which I am going to reprint haha...

Cryptex.jpg
Cryptex.jpg (1.23 MiB) Viewed 2444 times
By ScoJo
Meaning to show these off for a while, finally prompted by a bit of Artemiev back and forth with @Dollarhyde the last few days.

Most days, Solaris is my favourite film. And AT my favourite filmmaker.

IMG_0422.jpg
IMG_0422.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 2363 times

Novel by Stanislaw Lem
Italian Poster
Tarkovsky newspaper obituary
Various Tarkovsky books
SOLARIS OSTs:
US Superior Viaduct edition (original score)
Greek Artemiev/Tarkovsky 2xLP compilation (re-recordings)
Unofficial 'fake' Melodiya edition from '87 (re-recording)
Russian Mirumir edition (re-recording)
Russian Mirumir edition (original score)
By Dollarhyde
That is awesome @scojo, l love the newspaper clippings, and the poster.

I really need to watch this movie at some point.

I always see japanese pressing of Solaris on yahoo Japan/ebay, I'm sure you know about it, is it basically the same as one of those that you have? it seems to be sought after to some degree.
By ScoJo
Dollarhyde wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:26 pm That is awesome @scojo, l love the newspaper clippings, and the poster.

I really need to watch this movie at some point.

I always see japanese pressing of Solaris on yahoo Japan/ebay, I'm sure you know about it, is it basically the same as one of those that you have? it seems to be sought after to some degree.
I need that one. If u ever see for like £70-80 inc shipping from Nippon, do give me a holler! Its the original (not re-recorded) music pressed in ‘72.