Post about your favourite artists here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
I just saw this new painting by Wes Benscoter on his IG page for a forthcoming Arrow Video blu-ray release of City of the Living Dead:

He also had another recent gem that was created for the Ronin Flix release of The Church:

What's your favorite Benscoter artwork?
By Mateo Sanboval
Damn. This is the cat who did the Absurd cover? This stuff legitimately puts me off my feed. Not a negative judgement of his ability mind you; obviously a very talented fellow.
By deafmetal
Mateo Sanboval wrote:This is the cat who did the Absurd cover?
Indeed:

Benscoter has been revered for years in the metal realms, and I think it's great to see him being recognized and commissioned for horror films/soundtracks as well.
By Hatter313
Yeah he’s great, some of my more metal head fans are big fans of his.

I really hope that city of the living dead release is a US release
By deafmetal
monsterworship wrote:I've met up with him a few times in the last few years, got some sketches and an art book, really cool dude.
Nice! He also created Nile's Black Seeds of Vengeance and a Mortician cover in the early 2000's. Do you have any additional info on that art book? I'm not familiar.

I picked up a De Rossi/Fulci tribute print from him a year or two ago:

Also, check out this excellent cover for Vampyros Lesbos:

By Hatter313
Mortician! That was how benscooter came up in convo recently, I’ve been racking my brain. They are local band for me and a friend of mine was pretty tight with will rahmer back in the day, I think I may have been at a big party with him at another mutual friends house a number of years ago.
By deafmetal
Special thanks to @monsterworship for helping with a copy of Benscoter’s private press art book:

Metal covers only, but quite the bloody history leading up to the current madness being created:

By inksb
deafmetal wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:50 pm Benscoter created another killer sleeve for Death Waltz. The inner gatefold is excellent and goes well with the sound fx gimmick:
He honestly did a fantastic job emulating Kaida Yuji Godzilla art. I just got the art book of Kaida's work and I was looking on the sleeve to see if it was actually him that did it, was surprsied to see Wes was the artist.