Post about your favourite artists here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
That’s incredible dude, almost came out looking a little like Julian Beck.

I’ve got some time off this week so I’m going to try to get some sculpting time in finally, the last few months have been nuts.
By ScoJo
EvanCampbell wrote:
Zombie head 500.jpg
Finally had time to get back to this guy. Painted him and now starting the hair work.
Have most of the top of the head done. Need to do the eyebrows, eyelashes and
a little beard, neck and face stubble to put a some bluish, green into the cheeks and jaw.
Hair work is an incredibly tedious process. Most of the hair on the head is glued on
in rows but the hairline, eyebrows, eyelashes are single and two hairs at a time inserted.
Spent an entire Saturday just doing the hairline....got to be a machine invented for this!!

There is a few areas I am going to punch up with some gelatin pustules on parts of the head
and face.
Evan, for god's sake buy this guy a meal!

Fantastic... creepy af
By Mateo Sanboval
Looks great. Plus he seems like such a content fellow.
By Dollarhyde
Amazing work, very harrowing . He has a kind of sympathetic smile. Reminds me of being a little kid and getting creeped out by old people coming at me all smiley for a cuddle or cheek rub. :D
By EvanCampbell
Scott, Mateo thanks fellas!

Dollarhyde I still get creeped out by that now lol. Thanks for the kindly feedback!

Hatter313 I can see the Julian Beck....now that I added a goatee and mustache, it starting to look a little like a dead Al Pacino. :)
By Bezulsqy
Evan, beautiful work. Is this project just for fun? Do you try out new techniques or simply keep your current ones sharp as a knife?
By EvanCampbell
Bez - Please forgive the delayed response...have not had time to get on here in a bit.
Thanks for the kind words. I always have a few home projects kicking around regardless of what is going on. Just kind of always want to be creating. Posting on here with all you kind of helps to force me to finish. I will try and make this a habit.
By Bezulsqy
EvanCampbell wrote:Bez - Please forgive the delayed response...have not had time to get on here in a bit.
Thanks for the kind words. I always have a few home projects kicking around regardless of what is going on. Just kind of always want to be creating. Posting on here with all you kind of helps to force me to finish. I will try and make this a habit.
Please do! Love seeing all the steps that go into creating the final product.
By EvanCampbell
corpse guy.jpg
corpse guy.jpg (141.24 KiB) Viewed 3629 times
Not sure why I never posted the final images. I added the he beard and mustache and went
overboard with an old Elmer's glue pimple trick...very effectively used on Stephen King's fingers when he touches the meteor shit!

If you guys are interested...I just posted a piece of art on a website that included this head and 6 others I made for a creepy dating site idea I had. I think you guys will enjoy...complete silly fun.
make sure to double click the image for the full size!
https://www.deviantart.com/evancampbell ... -793524400
By Dollarhyde
Wow Seriously amazing artwork Evan. Evidence, if needed, that practical FX can put CG to shame.

Very creepy how you have contextualised them.
By EvanCampbell
@Dollarhyde - what a wonderful compliment! Thanks...appreciate the feedback!
Speaking of CG and practical....I saw a few posts the the new HellBoy has a really good mix of that together. I have not seen it so I do not know if that is true.