Post about your favourite artists here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:11 pm I'm enjoying this tour, Inks. And I really like that Eraserhead poster. Cool idea.
I rarely have any one come to my house and 99% of those people don't appreciate movie/TV/art prints so it's fun to share it with others.
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:13 pm
Mateo Sanboval wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:11 pm I'm enjoying this tour, Inks. And I really like that Eraserhead poster. Cool idea.
I rarely have any one come to my house and 99% of those people don't appreciate movie/TV/art prints so it's fun to share it with others.
Yes, love the Eraserhead poster! And that Slugs one as well.
By inksb
Here is the kitchen...

I'm huge Batman TAS fan, when Mondo did the series where they hired a ton of artists to design a poster around each episode I was extremely excited to see what they came up with, this was my favorite. Not only is it one of my favorite episodes but I love design. Screen printed 18x24

I stumbled on this print years ago online, it was $12 and I absolutely love it. It's such a striking image. It hangs over our kitchen table and has weirded out many family members. Screen printed 12x18
By Bezulsqy
I had this one framed until last weekend. My stepson needed a frame so I took the print out... This was hanging in the room I keep and grow plants.

This one was hanging above my fireplace in my previous house and before I got together with my girlfriend. She did not really like it...
By Dollarhyde
Some really nice posters you have there @inks that shining one is brilliant.

I remember when I was 8 or 9 and got an American t shirt that said Teenage Mutant NINJA Turtles on it instead of Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, I felt so cool, but then I left it on a bus and never got it back :(.

I got this OG B2 poster framed for Christmas :)

and top marks if you can make the vinyl link with this print ;)

Merry Christmas STBC!
By Bezulsqy
Excellent stuff @Dollar!

Some recently framed stuff that I still need to hang:

By inksb
Those Italian posters are wonderful. I love the Amuck! poster. Are they all originals or reprints?
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:37 pm Those Italian posters are wonderful. I love the Amuck! poster. Are they all originals or reprints?
All original. Most are very affordable.
By Mateo Sanboval
Great stuff, Bez. Love that FC one sheet.
By Mateo Sanboval
Beautiful stuff, Bez. I've oft admired that print from afar but never taken the time to truly steep in all of it's detail. It's fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
By ScoJo
Thought I'd share this- early pencil rough stage of plotting out an alt Fright Night poster, which I'm mostly doing as a bday gift for my li'l sis this month. (Currently struggling to nail Sarandon smiling image... he has a very sly grin as Dandridge!)

IMG_1699.JPG
IMG_1699.JPG (1.83 MiB) Viewed 7875 times

My sis is heavily into stained glass, has her own workshop, and we both love the movie. So my plan is to print it on heavyweight board at around A2, then hand cut out the panes of the circular stained glass window behind vamp Jerry. Then Im gonna have the window printed onto acetate and glue that layer behind.

Then I will mount the poster in a deep 'box' frame, and install a light inside behind the image with a switch.

You can hopefully imagine the effect?

Outside the gift, if it turns out ok I may do a small run of prints.
By inksb
I love how elaborate you are making that poster @scojo. I can't wait to see how it comes out, keep us updated. Can I be your sibling? You guys do the coolest b-day gifts ;)
By ScoJo
Well I'm slightly embarrased by the final result of my efforts on this project- it was only half finished really but I ran out of time and had to get it printed for my sis' birthday yesterday.
Has a definite 6th form art class feel to it, haha!

She loved it though, it's the effort that counts right? ;)

IMG_1723.JPG
IMG_1723.JPG (2.88 MiB) Viewed 7738 times
By inksb
We finally framed and hung this calendar that we bought when we were in Germany 10 years ago from a flea market. The artwork is so interesting. It's been sitting in storage for so long and we decided to take down our Hellboy poster and put these in it's place. Sorry for the bad pictures, this room gets a lot of light and causes lots of reflections on the glass. Also it's super dusty and full of finger prints from the hanging process (my wife cheaped out on the frames due to it being an odd size so they were a huge hassle to hang).

By inksb
Not a clue. My wife looked into it years ago but I can't remember if she came up with anything or not. I should dig through the extra pages and see if there is an artist listed.