Post about your favourite artists here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
Did you all see this one? Stoked to hang it next to the Creature print. I haven't been into the vast majority of the stuff Mondo has put out lately, but Stan & Vince always seem to be pretty on point.
Attachments
IMG_20180215_181828965.jpg
IMG_20180215_181828965.jpg (4.15 MiB) Viewed 2742 times
By Mateo Sanboval
Looking sharp, Tex. I thought there was some good stuff in the Universal Monsters drop. The Invisible Man was really nice, too.
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:For sure the concept on that one was killer. Francavilla had a pretty cool Dracula as well.
FF is always worth a look.
By Hatter313
@Monster, arttoframe.com is my go-to, they are local to me so probably ship pretty quickly to you. lots of option in matting, backing, glass/plexi, etc.
By NathanLurker
Looking great !

I was able to grab a BRIDE of FRANKENSTEIN from...the second batch I think? the one where the Bride is holding a heart.... but I missed all titles from the last wave of titles they released, and it's a shame because the CREATURE from that batch, and the Bride as well, were really cool posters, but I didn't have money to buy them. oh well.

That Mummy is greaaaat.
By texasvinyl
monsterworship wrote:texas are those custom frames? or store bought? or spotlightdisplays?

i have a zillion prints tubed that i need to get hanging.
There a neighborhood frame shop that did these. I spent all the $$ on the front and back and went with a pretty cheap frame. They have UV acrylite in front and acid free backer board in the back, and they are museum mounted. The backs are sealed up with brown paper (keep bugs out etc) with a metal wire string to hang them. Even going basic on the frame itself they were really expensive for the 24x36. And I haggled like a son of a bitch, paid cash, and went on a slow rainy week day when I knew he had no work.

It's probably overkill for a poster print. I have one or two prints in those $30 Target frames, and honestly they'll probably be fine for many years that way. But it's crazy how expensive the framing can get. I think six 24x36 and a couple smaller ones cost me about a thousand bucks.