Post about your favourite artists here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
Hey folks, I don't usually do this but I'm selling the MondoCon Ex Machina print and I wanted to give any forum members first crack before I put it up on eBay. The print is by Rory Kurtz and its stunning.
Ex Machina by Rory Kurtz.jpg
Ex Machina by Rory Kurtz.jpg (660.39 KiB) Viewed 3329 times
Price is $300 + free shipping for board members. (seems to be the mid range of what it's going for right now). It will ship rolled in the tube, and its only been unrolled once to see it in person.

I'm open to reasonable offers if you want to make one. US buyers only please. PM me here. thanks.

I'm also contemplating putting the screening variant of Labyrinth up (got the other variant the next day which i liked better) but I'll post about that soon if my friend doesn't want it.

Thanks all.
By ScoJo
Thought this might amuse some of you....it's my niece's 21st birthday just after Xmas, wanted to knockup something 'personal' and unique. We were in New York together in October and as she's a HUGE Ghostbusters fan we visited Central Park West and the building that was used for Dana Barrett's apartment ("...there is no Dana....only Zuhl...")

Took a picture of her outside the building, and because of the angle etc, (and the fact that I've also turned her into a rabid soundtrack/vinyl junkie), a plan formed in my head...

...since we never did get that oft-rumoured Part III (note the ghost-logo!):
File 22-12-2017, 12 19 04.jpeg
File 22-12-2017, 12 19 04.jpeg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 3222 times
I've had it printed and am framing in one of those 12" x 12" vinyl LP frames :D
ScoJo wrote:Thought this might amuse some of you....it's my niece's 21st birthday just after Xmas, wanted to knockup something 'personal' and unique. We were in New York together in October and as she's a HUGE Ghostbusters fan we visited Central Park West and the building that was used for Dana Barrett's apartment ("...there is no Dana....only Zuhl...")

Took a picture of her outside the building, and because of the angle etc, (and the fact that I've also turned her into a rabid soundtrack/vinyl junkie), a plan formed in my head...

...since we never did get that oft-rumoured Part III (note the ghost-logo!):
File 22-12-2017, 12 19 04.jpeg
I've had it printed and am framing in one of those 12" x 12" vinyl LP frames :D
ScoJ, your creativity is only overshadowed by your thoughtfulness. A fantastic GIFt. Well done, sir.
1. For a hot second I thought someone was going to take me up on the sale hahahaha

2. That is just awesome dude, so cool!!!! I had a friend who worked at ABC around the corner from that building and when I was in college I would meet him at night to hitch a ride back to the burbs, every single time I would walk by that building I’d whistle the score and think “Art Deco, very nice.” Did you make it downtown to the firehouse? I work a few blocks away and used to park right there so I would see it all the time.
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote:1. For a hot second I thought someone was going to take me up on the sale hahahaha

2. That is just awesome dude, so cool!!!! I had a friend who worked at ABC around the corner from that building and when I was in college I would meet him at night to hitch a ride back to the burbs, every single time I would walk by that building I’d whistle the score and think “Art Deco, very nice.” Did you make it downtown to the firehouse? I work a few blocks away and used to park right there so I would see it all the time.
We did! But my niece was fan-bummed because the entire building was covered in scaffolding haha....the 8th Hook & Ladder was undergoing major renovation. So we went around the corner and had a drink at Bobby de Niro's place ;)
Oh yeah they started renovating it a bit ago. Hope they can keep it preserved. Even without the movie connection, it’s such a great old
Firehouse.