Post about your favourite artists here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Rated Art LOGO small.jpg
Rated Art LOGO small.jpg (178.68 KiB) Viewed 6413 times
Hey!

If you've ever wanted to see video profiles of your favourite pop culture artists, the illustrators and designers who blaze our retinas with their film posters, vinyl soundtracks and beyond...this might be the show for you.

Each month I'm going to have an in-depth video chat with a contemporary artist, illustrated with images of their work.

I'm personally fascinated by the thinking and processes behind these designs, so I hope you are too.

Episode One is on the celebrated Canadian horror master 'Ghoulish' Gary Pullin.

Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/filmficciones/ratedartep1
Great work, ScoJo, very cool format! Not into movie posters at all, and not generally enthusiastic about the new reissue artwork(s) either but I got hooked and had to watch the whole interview.
Congrats on the new venture, ScoJ. I can already think of a small handful of folks who I would love to see interviewed about their art.
By ScoJo
Ooh....looks like I've locked in a special artist indeed for Ep 2. A personal favourite of mine, going all the way back to li'l snot-nosed me ogling garish vhs horror boxes in video stores back in the early 80s *hint*

Coming in early April. Cheers to everyone who watched the pilot, appreciated!
Wait, did I just hear Gary Pullin say Vinyls!

Just wanted to say this is a great idea Scott. As an artist myself, Gary is someone I look up to and it was really good to hear him talk about his career like that. Fingers crossed you will be able to get Jason Edmiston too!
philball1974 wrote:Wait, did I just hear Gary Pullin say Vinyls!

Just wanted to say this is a great idea Scott. As an artist myself, Gary is someone I look up to and it was really good to hear him talk about his career like that. Fingers crossed you will be able to get Jason Edmiston too!
Friggin' Phil Ball just runnin' in from outta nowhere!!
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote:

Friggin' Phil Ball just runnin' in from outta nowhere!!
Haha....ahh you wag @mateo!

Thanks for watching @phil - yes I'm hoping to have Jason on later in the year. Like a lot of these great artists, very busy guy!

I can confirm (and am already hearing myself gushing like a fangirl) that the next episode will feature one of the very great ones Graham Humphreys.

Cheers!

Scödj
ScoJo wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
Haha....ahh you wag @mateo!

Thanks for watching @phil - yes I'm hoping to have Jason on later in the year. Like a lot of these great artists, very busy guy!

I can confirm (and am already hearing myself gushing like a fangirl) that the next episode will feature one of the very great ones Graham Humphreys.

Cheers!

Scödj
Graham Humphreys! That's absolutely fantastic, eagerly looking forward to watching this.
philball1974 wrote:Mateo it was actually serendipity that led me to the video and then back here! I still miss the good old days!
By ScoJo
Hello guys

Well it's been a while coming but Episode 2 of Rated Art is now up - a fairly epic profile on Graham Humphreys covering his work from the 80s on iconic horror titles like THE EVIL DEAD and NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET up to his recent projects for Death Waltz, Arrow Video etc. Lots of fascinating tales of derring-do in the heady world of horror and fantasy illustration! I really enjoyed putting this one together, I hope you like it.

I've knocked up a little site for the show going forwards, bit of a work-in-progress just now but will snazz it up as I go...

https://ratedartblog.wordpress.com/