Post about your favourite artists here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
It's cool to see Eibon Press and Stephen Romano released more Fulci books again. They have previously released The Beyond in graphic novel form, along with a soundtrack CD that included Romano's band Rok Opera covering some of the tracks at the end. I have also seen some City of the Living Dead comics from them as well, and I also thought they had previously done a version of Zombie/Zombi 2, but I could be mistaken. Either way, this looks great. Too bad it sold out so quickly.
By sonnydexter
i had a message from them saying they could ship the comic to the UK for a cost of $14.99 + $22.50 shipping ....... i passed.
By deafmetal
The last fifty copies are now up for sale. I picked one up to check out. Thank you for the update, @jgibbs!
By Dollarhyde
Guess this would be an appropriate place to post this.
Recently picked up this graphic novel hardback by acclaimed horror manga artist Junji Ito and thought it was rather suitable for STBC folk.
Uzumaki (Spirals)

Semi anthological episodic horror about a town that becomes infected with spirals while Kirie and her boyfriend Shuichi struggle to find out what's happening and how to escape.

If you don't like plot holes it might not be your thing but the sheer inventiveness and bold audacity to follow through on the bizarre ideas within it really payoff, and outweigh it's short comings. The Artwork is stunningly beautiful, and horrific.

Over 600 pages for around £15 on Amazon , bargain!
By Dollarhyde
@bez

Thanks so much for the tech help ;)

Curious to see the movie, the manga is pretty off the wall.

*Edit*

Just googled it, now I need to see it !
By Mateo Sanboval
Good recommend, Dollar. Chin chin.
By Dollarhyde
So I have been substituting my record buying with, I think, a cheaper fix.
These are all (possibly not including the angel egg book) what are known as Roman albums. A mixture of colour and black white pages, around a 150 in total. Full of artwork from a chosen anime. Frame stills, sketches, storyboards, production techniques, fan artwork, mini posters, interviews with cast and crew, albeit in Japanese. These can be got for single digit figures (£ not Yen).

Nausicaa.
Galaxy Express Three Nine
Kiki's Delivery Service
Queen Millennia!
Complete storyboard for Angel's Egg, yes please!
By ScoJo
Dollarhyde wrote: Complete storyboard for Angel's Egg, yes please!
Oh baby...
By monsterworship
Dollarhyde wrote:So I have been substituting my record buying with, I think, a cheaper fix.
These are all (possibly not including the angel egg book) what are known as Roman albums. A mixture of colour and black white pages, around a 150 in total. Full of artwork from a chosen anime. Frame stills, sketches, storyboards, production techniques, fan artwork, mini posters, interviews with cast and crew, albeit in Japanese. These can be got for single digit figures (£ not Yen).

Nausicaa.
Galaxy Express Three Nine
Kiki's Delivery Service
Queen Millennia!
Complete storyboard for Angel's Egg, yes please!

i have the captain harlock roman book.
By J.R.
I have a pretty decent comic collection, and was even photographed for a major Australian newspaper for it a few years ago, but the quality of superhero comics has dropped significantly. I only really buy two comics now: a 2000ad partworks collection (you know, those fortnightly released things) and Heavy Metal. I have, of late, been grabbing stuff like the Vampirella, Creepy, Eerie and Druuna collections too.
By Dollarhyde
@monster

Will hopefully be picking that up soon, a few others on my list too, VOTOMS and Future boy Conan amongst others.

@J.R.

Love me some 2000A.D. and Heavy Metal
By inksb
I haven't read Heavy Metal in years. It was always a fun read. Is the quality still high or at least decent?

Thanks @dollar I have reignited my desire to finish Berserk, I stopped on volume 22 last year, I read 23-24 the other evening and plan on trying to get caught up over the next week or two. I also realized that I didn't have any Junji Ito digitally other than Hellstar Ramna & Black Paradox. I plan on picking up the hard cover collections of Gyo, Uzumaki, Shiver, Shattered and Fragments of Horror eventually but that will be over the next few months.
By Dollarhyde
Thank, you! @inksb for helping me get my Berserk on ;) a little delay but hopefully getting stuck in asap!
I can certify the Ito hardbacks are very nice.
By J.R.
inksb wrote:I haven't read Heavy Metal in years. It was always a fun read. Is the quality still high or at least decent?

Thanks @dollar I have reignited my desire to finish Berserk, I stopped on volume 22 last year, I read 23-24 the other evening and plan on trying to get caught up over the next week or two. I also realized that I didn't have any Junji Ito digitally other than Hellstar Ramna & Black Paradox. I plan on picking up the hard cover collections of Gyo, Uzumaki, Shiver, Shattered and Fragments of Horror eventually but that will be over the next few months.
Honestly, Heavy Metal's content is quite uneven, but its a quarterly so Im willing to cut it some slack seeing as how I don't have to buy it every month. There is regularly interesting articles in it though, that aren't always comic related.
By inksb
Picked this up over the weekend. I've read the firs three stories. Loving it so far. Ito's illustration style is so effective when conveying horrific images.