Post about your favourite artists here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By The Cult Leader
Mondo has a Creature From the Black Lagoon print by Stan & Vince going on-sale tomorrow. I really want the print, but I will be traveling during the time they usually do their drops. Was wondering if any of you guys would be able to buddy this for me. Shoot me an email if you can help out.

Thanks guys!

By Ptflea2
It will be up for sale for about 11 seconds. Good luck :)
By blastman
This sucks, seriously.
By Vapormeyer
Managed to get a variant, I preferred the black and white for some reason, but both were lovely. Sold out ridiculously fast though.
By texasvinyl
Don't worry guys there are like fifty of these already up on eBay for triple the price. I wish that were an exaggeration. Actually if you include the sold listings the number is closer to 100. For a print where the regular version was a run of 375...

LINK

Who knows what a good solution is. But seeing as how there are multiple shop bots available specifically for Mondo I'd say having a competent developer combat those would be a good start. It is admittedly frustrating to try to buy a print to hang on the wall just to see a gigantic % of the total print run on eBay within minutes.

Perhaps the "best" prints should be offered on a timed sale basis rather than as a fixed #, or a second run could be offered for high demand items like was just done for Last of Us.

Bot example link
By blastman
What pisses me off is that Mondo's site allowed me to put the poster in the cart, supposedly verified it and then told me it's sold out on the payment page, so you think everything is good until that last page.

When a large percentage of your entire run of a product is being bought by flippers, I think you need to rethink things.
By Vapormeyer
Wow, in my naivety I never knew you could buy a bot to essentially purchase the item for you, that's just mad, and a little sad. It just seems the real fans lose out on so many occasions. I wondered if the joining of Mondo and Death Waltz would have an impact on this somehow but nothing's materialised. Wouldn't one of those simple 'Are you human' things combat the issue though? I don't know about Mondo's finances but it can't be that costly to implement surely.
By Hatter313
It doesn't seem to be a huge problem for the music, but posters are gone in seconds and so many of them are on Ebay immediately.

I've only ever been able to purchase one print i wanted directly from them, and it was the cabinet of dr caligari last year. That and the Plan 9 collaboration hey did with Fright-Rags years ago, but i was a fright-rags customer on that one, so it wasn't so much of a mad house.

Every other MONDO print I have is an ebay purchase...too bad :(
By nick1972
Jaysus that is fucking depressing that someone has created something like that!

By The Cult Leader
Big thank you to @Splatterhouse for PBing this for me.
By splatterhouse
No Prob. Whats funny is that Im only lucky on the poster drops when Im not buying for myself.
By hncreature
Blastman...

DITTO! My wife had it in the cart and was...as she calls it..."cart jacked"...it didn't make it through the Paypal end of it...DAMN IT!
By hncreature
[quote=71884]Perhaps the “best” prints should be offered on a timed sale basis rather than as a fixed #[/quote]

That is a great idea texas! Hell...it would be more money for them and maybe even cheaper for us - Everybody gets one...flippers have to sit on it for a long time to reap...or rape...those who want one

By freshoj
There are some old articles where they discuss why the print runs are so small (licensing restrictions if memory serves).

I do like the 'are you human' idea...
By deafmetal
mondotees.com: "Are you human?"

human: yeh

mondotees.com: "Are you human scum who flips small run collectables on ebay for a profit?"

human: ...
By texasvinyl
Did anyone else get one of these regular (color) prints /375 they are willing to part with? Got outbid on an eBay auction bidding $265... just crazy. I'm actually glad, that is stupid money for a poster.

I can buy one or trade some stuff, test pressings, mule service for Army of Darkness MondoCon exclusive, Jurassic Park Dino DNA album, other sold out prints (Mondo and others) etc

Hopefully the next time there is a poster this good they'll do a timed sale like the one going on now.
By Vapormeyer
Greedy buggers. Got the variant myself.
By texasvinyl
annnddd probably a good thing I lost that. not an hour later a big leak sprung in the kitchen, so that money is going to Jack the Plumber now!

By Vapormeyer
So I've had a good think and as much as I'll love it the Creature From The Black Lagoon (variant) poster it won't go anywhere in the house...... So I'm selling it via eBay auction as it seems the fairest way. It's up now.
By blastman
Which one's yours? There's so many fair sellers on there at the moment....

** EDIT ** nevermind, found it. I might even bid!
By texasvinyl
I caved and bought one of the color Creature prints from the flea bay.

How much have you guys spent to have these framed?

I just got a bunch done with Acrylite UV clear plexi and acid-free artcore foam backing. Ended up spending 700 for five 24x36" and two 18x24", more than the prints themselves. They turned out really nicely though. He showed me how he uses staples not an air gun to attach the backing so it is easier to open up if I want to sell a print or swap one out. And he put a paper backing behind the foam to seal up the back.

It was confusing choosing what to get. The shop's initial recommendation was UV glass front, and he was going to dry mount them with adhesive.

It seemed like dry mounting was a poor choice because it is destructive and not reversible. I also opted for the more expensive plexi since it is lighter, doesn't conduct heat like glass and won't shatter and shred the print if it broke. The guy cautioned that plexi scratches easily. Also said spacers would be a waste and look bad because I didn't want them mounted, so the prints would bow around the spacers and look wavy. So I skipped the spacers.

Did I do okay?
By Vapormeyer
@Texas Sounds like you did great. I recently got my Goonies print framed with UV glass and without a mount for £55 ($86). I also went with a non wooden frame as it had a metallic edging which I though complimented the metallic inks used within the picture. This was about £10/15 cheaper than using wood. I have gone for wood on the Nicolas Delort Jaws print though as this compliments the image. I was originally advised to always get a mount, however, upon speaking to my framers they said as long as it doesn't go from one extreme temp to another and it's sealed properly then condensation within the frame should pose no problem. Plexi is a great choice, I'll just pray the kids don't knock mine off the wall. You should post some pictures, would love to see them all framed up.
By Vapormeyer
@texas I'd always advise against dry mounting for the very same reasons as you've stated.
By Vapormeyer
Well I hope somebody does! Looking a little on the quiet side at the moment, I thought people would prefer an auction.
By texasvinyl
Here are a couple, the rest still need to be hung. The first three are the new frames, and the Daniel Danger print is still in the old cheap target frame. You can see how it sits wavy in the cheap frame, and it also seems to be more reflective (couldn't get a good pic of it with the lights on)