Post about your favourite artists here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By philball1974
Just getting into this.

Does anyone have any good online resources other than eBay?

Looking at the cheaper end of the market!
By Purplemule74
@Monster -

That is funny, because my immediate thought was Cinema Wasteland.

Since this thread doesn't specifically mention whether this is exclusively about movie posters, I'd suggest gigposters.com too.
By philball1974
Cheers for the link. Is there a UK based alternative?
By Little Walter
I don't understand the price of posters from these sites . . most posters I buy from shops nearby are $6.99 to $9.99 . . ?
By monsterworship
There is a difference between a reproduction poster and an original theatrical one-sheet poster used to promote a movie. Quality and size wise also.

Movies that are 10-30 years old, early horror Posters are sometimes rare because a lot of posters didnt survive.

So with anything the scarcity drives the price.

They don't make repro posters of everthing but u can find unauthorized smaller sized editions for a lot of stuff on eBay. Don't pay more than 10-20 for fake posters.

By Little Walter
That's a reasonable explanation. I suppose the edition would matter less to me for a poster versus a record, making paying more than $20 seem simply crazy for any poster.
By deafmetal
@LittleWalter - Similar to original vinyl releases versus represses, the collector's market always prefers the original item -- just like fine art.
By monsterworship
I have a few one sheets. My favorite piece I have is an original unfolded Shogun Assasin.

I wouldn't be opposed to spending a few hundred for the right piece.

There are some one sheets that go for thousands and way more. The posters market is way more expensive and broader than records in general.
By philball1974
Thanks @zuko for the link. ideal.

By monsterworship
For some reason I was assuming you meant movie posters. But you were probably looking more for screen printed posters ala Mondo.

There is a large community forum which to trade/sell an discuss those kind of things, and will give u an approx value of what posters are "worth": expressobeans.com
By philball1974

[quote=56441]For some reason I was assuming you meant movie posters. But you were probably looking more for screen printed posters ala Mondo.[/quote]

absolutely looking for old original posters, I've bought a couple from http://www.vintagemovieposters.co.uk/shop/
but some of the prices are pretty high, so was looking for some more resources.

I do love some of the modern prints, got a couple of great ones from WBYK and am looking to grab the First blood one from Gabz but am loving the originals more.
By Purplemule74
Hey -

I just saw that Gallery 1988 has a postcard themed art exhibit going on right now in L.A.

LINK ( CLICK HERE )

The good news for us folks that don't live in L.A. (including me), is that we can order some of what they've got going on online.

I ordered the Alien card and I'm definitely considering the Texas Chainsaw Massacre one. Bummed out I missed out on the Friday the 13th card but here are some of the stuff that was still available this evening:

By Purplemule74
I don't remember seeing this posted here, but Grey Matter Art has as a great poster for my favorite scene in the original Texas Chainsaw:

<CLICK FOR LINK>
By chuck
@spun nice!
By Purplemule74
death_watch_poster_04.jpg
death_watch_poster_04.jpg (772.6 KiB) Viewed 9212 times
...I've been after this one for a long time. Finally was able to snag it. Woot!
By texasvinyl

for sale: $45 including domestic US shipping in a heavy poster tube

Astro Panda In Trouble by Austin TX artist Tim Doyle. Numbered art print edition of 200, 18"x24". This is $10 cheaper than from Tim's page. I don't have room to hang it and spent too much on library records... This is the art edition of a sold out Coachella '15 gig poster.
By Spun out of control
Haven't got much in the way of a poster collection as a music & vinyl addiction is expensive enough... but couldn't resist this cute trio browsing the underground market at Sapporo Station earlier last month...
Attachments
Japanese Posters Spun Out Of Control.jpeg
Japanese Posters Spun Out Of Control.jpeg (165.76 KiB) Viewed 9186 times
By Mateo Sanboval
That Yamato is awesome.
By Mateo Sanboval
Hey, Claude! Welcome back. How's Reggie doing?