Post about your favourite artists here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NMA
Anyone (out of the forum members) into alternative movie poster designing? Amateur or professional?

Well I do... :)

Here's my humble amateur exhibition so far :D

http://insatiableking.tumblr.com/
By Oswarez
Big fan of your work Trevor.
By Oswarez
I did a few posters for a cinema series over here. Just waiting for the image buttons to come back so I can post few of them.
By Oswarez
Some of the posters I did for the local art house cinema.

By palmat
In The Realm Of The Senses, awesome poster. Great work!
By FnordChan
Great posters, Oswarez! I particularly dig your They Live poster. Were these made as limited edition posters for sale or simply put up at the theater as advertising?
By chuck
Holy shit! They're awsome. Nice work!
By TrevorHenderson
Those are amazing, Oswarez! Great job!
By Oswarez
@FnordChan They were put up as advertising.
And thanks for the props guys.
By static14
@Oswarez any chance you have one of those They Live posters on hand that you might part with? :)
By Oswarez
No unfortunately I don't. I could maybe print a few if there is enough interest in them.
By FotogInk
Really love the DAWN OF THE DEAD one...great eye .
By fanboy
Great stuff! I really like the They Live poster as well!
By zuko
Cool thread, love you guys' work!

Couple of bits, just done for my own amusement:

By fanboy
Not horror, but I did this poster a while back for grins.
By fanboy
I got bored last week and made this for Gravity.
By hncreature
Nice stuff...all of you!

Oswarez...on newspaper weight stock like some of the ones I had from the 60's

By VBERKVLT
I did a THING poster a couple of years ago and it was chosen by John Carpenter for his Screamfest 2012 presentation and showing of Prince of Darkness, they all sold out and proceeds went to the Humane Society. It was also in a book that just came out last year as well: "Alternative Movie Posters: Film Art from the Underground". It's a pretty awesome book, check it out here http://www.huffingtonpost.com/matthew-c ... 74217.html

By DISCOSUCKS...
Was going to start another thread for our 16mm film night posters, but think it's nicer that they nestle in here with everyone else's fine work ;)

Most recent, our coming show in August (three colour variations):

Last month's film:

Phase IV:

Cat People:

All the above were by myself, the rest are all by great local artist Ellena Donlon:

Loving seeing everyone else's interpretations of great film posters, keep them coming!
By DISCOSUCKS...
...and here's my latest work-in-progress for an upcoming screening in September.....

By EvanCampbell
discosucks - Very cool! Perfect style choice for Repulsion ...really captures the feel of the film.
By DISCOSUCKS...
^^ Thanks man! Appreciated. I'm (genuinely) never sure about my designs....I think mainly cuz I'm so out of practice (I used to do loads of illustration back a decade or so, have been sucked into mostly film/video imaging for a long while....)