Post about your favourite artists here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Purplemule74
All the 'dead space' on the left needs something. I like the egg in/on the helmet thing, but I'd prefer it look more like a reflection. Nice concept layouts!
By antimax
Might be cool and helpful to try formatting it as an actual 1-sheet format?

Yeah the painting technique itself is pretty nice, I'd say there are instances where composing something in the center frame works well for creating an epic feeling; this would be one of those instances. Would look cool in actual 1-sheet format, with the spaceman centered turned right at us, the egg reflecting in the center of his helmet, the title above his head and the the alien poking out from top of frame, leaking some spit.

Anyways, I know I just went on a rant, but I'm obsessed with movie poster design and just wanted to give my thoughts haha.
By EvanCampbell
philball1974 - Nice work! Pretty good first attempt...like others have mentioned, maybe try and balance out the composition a bit more.

Cool glow effect on the Alien :)
By philball1974
Thanks for the comments. I did the composition like that to give a sense of loneliness, bleakness ect, originally i played around with Jonesy looking out of the dark but decided to leave it.

Wollerton Hall is 5 mins away from where I live which was Wayne Manor in The Dark Knight rises. See if i can get some inspiration
By Darren LD1984
I think it looks pretty killer Phil. I get the idea of how you're using the space within the composition and I think you're on to something cool with that. Go with your gut feeling on concepts, that's how you'll come up with the most interesting designs