Post about your favourite artists here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By layneharvey
shepard fairey is in my town doing a major art installation right now. there are stickers pasted up everywhere. this is one of my favorites.

By chandler75
He is a great artist. I managed to get his recent William Burroughs (a favorite writer of mine) lithograph, even though shipping to Denmark + taxes cost an arm and a leg.

On a local side note... He was in Denmark (Copenhagen) a few years back to paint a mural in a vaguely "troubled" neighborhood and got beat up by a group of Danish left-wing activists who thought he was a commercial Coca Cola-like artist desecrating their local 'hood (or some such nonsense) :D
By teenagegrubworm
I used to own and run a art gallery 10 years ago and had the pleasure of hosting Shepard for a show, actually it was one of the biggest shows I ever hosted.

He is a very nice guy and has worked his ass off to get where he is today, it was very interesting to see how he and his wife operate.

By philball1974
If you can get a copy. he did a great piece for the first issue if delayed gratification magazine in the UK

By chuck
My old band toured a few years ago with a band from Boston, MA called Big D and the Kids Table. They're pretty tight with Shepard Fairy and theyd co-released (Obey/Fork in Hand Records) a punk/ska comp called The Giant Rock n Roll Swindle. Apart from being a great comp, the cd came in a card slip case with the Obey Giant face perforated on it so you could punch out and stencil it wherever you pleased. Simple and bloody brilliant.

Signed copies still available from SF site - http://www.obeygiant.com/collectibles/t ... swindle-cd
By thenuthouse
Pretty interesting interview with him on a recent WTF podcast.

WTF WITH MARC MARON
By monsterworship
There was a nice restropective exhibit at the Warhol museum here a few years ago. And there was a bunch of new stuff pasted over town that got tagged over by other haters since then.
By renpen21
I've still never got round to putting up my They Live print by Fairey, want to get a old fashioned looking frame for it as the missus has agreed to let me out it up in living room !