Post about your favourite artists here.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By jgibbs4053
I like the Bronx Warriors poster. I think it's kinda cool they decided to something diff with these 4 releases
By esteban
[quote=18530]Regarding the proofreading, it should be said that it’s not just DWR who is guilty of many typos and grammatical issues. I just read the “Creepshow” liner notes which had a number of issues as well.

Working as a professional translator and proofreader (though not as an English proofreader, although I think I’m pretty decent at spotting mistakes), I can never understand why companies – large and small – will spend thousands of dollars on developing and promoting their products, but won’t spend a few hundred bucks to have their texts proofread by a pro.

In Spencer’s case, I’m sure a number of qualified people on this forum would be happy to help out for free.
[/quote]

Fully agree. And, yes, sadly my copy of "The Fog" is REALLY noisy...
By deathwaltz
Sleeve notes are now being proofed by Sean Hogan writer and director of The Devil's Business.
By Re-animated Cat
As a freelance copywriter and proofreader myself, I'm always amazed at how many spelling and grammatical errors can be found in liner notes. As Rasmus said, it's incredible that companies won't spend a relatively small amount to get the text professionally checked. It's important - when you see a simple error in the liner notes of a record, it really brings the quality of the whole package down. It just looks lazy. It's the details that count, guys!
By VinyLOST
[quote=18419]I frankly don’t even bother to open them. They are simply too large and unpractical. Who really can afford to frame such behemoth-sized posters? And even if you do, who has the space for more than a couple, at the most? In all honesty, I’d rather pay a little less for each DW release and make do without the posters altogether. Or I’d much rather the extra $$$ would go towards better quality inner and outer sleeves/cardboard (what they used for “The Fog” was truly great). [/quote]

hello,
i was in need of some of the Death Waltz artwork & posters to add to my collection which is lacking them, and i have a ton of DW vinyl. are you willing do part with your artwork being your 12"x12" Lithos & your posters from DW? i would love to take them off your hands. we can arrange a trade if you are looking for anything particular or a price (I live in the US). please contact me here, if here please get back at me as a "Private Reply) or email at torrentalportal@gmail.com

thank you!!!
By VinyLOST
esteban please reply to me as a private reply about DW art such as the 12x12" lithos & posters. i am in need desperately !!!!!
By Peek-a-boo
This is my 'hall of horror'. Love the lithographs from Death Waltz, can't decide which my favourite is...
By texasvinyl
Looks like Spencer has the Tom French original oil painting for Donnie Darko up @ Transmission UK. Gorgeous!

By zuko
Still my favourite DW insert. Deserves a full bleed sleeve/OBI in the current release style.
By koffinduster
Back to the topic of the posters...I am always excited to unfold them and stare at them in all their glory LOL My faves as of late are Twins of Evil and Ms 45. To me they are small, in a good way. I collect original one sheet horror posters so the ones in the albums are better for me because they do not take up as much real estate on my walls. I haven't framed any yet because I haven't finished my "Monster Room" but I am sure some will be added in there when I am done.
Keep up the good work guys-I, for one, totally dig them!