A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By NathanLurker
Glad you liked it :) me and my girlfriend, we watch the Naschy together. We still have to watch this one. I bought the Vinegar Syndrome 4K release but haven't yet watched it.
By Bezulsqy
9. Wolf Guy (1975)

Absolutely insane movie. Highly recommended as an experience. And a brilliant score!

By Bezulsqy
In 1981 at least 4 lycanthrope theme movies were released. I am starting with the one from Naschy. He has made some sexy werewolf movies :-)

10. The Night of the Werewolf (1981)
a lot of Stelvio Cipriani bits from various movies were used to score this one

By Bezulsqy
Best werewolf movie I have seen so far. Stellar effects!

11. An American Werewolf in London (1981)

By Bezulsqy
first time watch for me and maybe not a real werewolf movie but it does use a lot of lycanthrope lore
excellent movie as well
really enjoyed it

12. Wolfen (1981)

By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:33 pm I love The Howling. I feel like I'm due for a rewatch, maybe I'll pick up the UHD
yes, it was better than I remembered
By Bezulsqy
15. The Company of Wolves (1984)

This was very interesting. Felt really outdated at first but the effects are stellar.

By Bezulsqy
19. Howling III: The Marsupials (1987)

well, this was an experience...

Last edited by Bezulsqy on Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:45 pm Really enjoying your thoughts on The Howling films :)
Well, I am stopping with number 3. I only just learned there are 7 in total????

The first one is really great.
The second one is insane and tremendously campy. A lot of fun.
The third one is even more insane but in a completely different way. And it is separate from the other movies. I liked that one more than I ever could imagine.

Next up are the 90s and beyond. Starting with Wolf.
By Hatter313
the one with the circus was one of like three movies on the old monster HD channel in the early days of HD tv here and its...

Inks is right, stop at 3. 4 or 5 take place in a castle, and it was the first one i saw as a kid on the old sci fi channel in the middle fo the afternoon on like a sick day home from school. i had very fond memories of creepy romanian castles and werewolves and those memories were, well....not wrong exactly but it was certainly more effective when i was 10.
By Hatter313
Bezulsqy wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:36 am 15. The Company of Wolves (1984)

This was very interesting. Felt really outdated at first but the effects are stellar.

This is a special movie.

Outdated is an interesting word, i never use it for art of any kind because of course it will be. timelessness is a hard trick to pull off and some reflection of style of the time is always gonna be evident. besides, we collect vinyl film scores of old horror films, BRING THE DATEDNESS ON
By Hatter313
Bezulsqy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:50 pm 17. Silver Bullet (1985)

This was another nice one.

Big Ed Hurley, Gary Busey, that church scene. i love this movie to death.