A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Not sure if anyone else has seen this but figured some might be interested.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sc ... ic/rewards

Don't think they are gonna meet their goal in the next week. He even is putting up some of his own personal rare stuff as rewards. Signed by Claudio Japanese pressing of Suspiria, sealed NoES, animation cell from Creepshow and the real highlight is the signed copy of Coup De Villes LP, which will only set you back $2k.

He weirdly DM'd me on IG and was like you might be interested in this. Dropped the link and never said anything else to me. I've never talked to him before so it was kind of weird to me.

Honestly I would back it for the Blu-ray bc it sounds like an interesting project but $50 for a bluray is absurd. All of his rewards are way over priced (at least for me). A record & Blu-ray $100.
By tim28212
I saw this. I'm really tight with my purchases lately so this is a pass for me. I have his first book and really enjoyed it. Haven't picked up the sequel yet.
By inksb
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:23 pm Having followed his podcast and purchased/read his book which I enjoyed a lot I‘m sure he‘s not in there for the money but it it is steep…
I didn't mean to imply he was after money. I just feel like his tier pricing is off and it's keeping people from supporting. $30-40 is a bluray tier I would contribute to, $50 is a no go for me.

The actual total he's after is not very much and I would love to see the film, I'll end up supporting for a digital copy.
By ChrisMcQueen007
inksb wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:17 pm
ChrisMcQueen007 wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:23 pm Having followed his podcast and purchased/read his book which I enjoyed a lot I‘m sure he‘s not in there for the money but it it is steep…
I didn't mean to imply he was after money. I just feel like his tier pricing is off and it's keeping people from supporting. $30-40 is a bluray tier I would contribute to, $50 is a no go for me.

The actual total he's after is not very much and I would love to see the film, I'll end up supporting for a digital copy.
Yes, agree (and didn‘t think you wanted to imply that, this was more a reflection by myself.