A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Would there be any interest in re-convening the band before Halloween this year? I have a suggestion for a film I'd love to share/experience with you guys, especially if it's new to some of you.

SUFFER LITTLE CHILDREN is a 1983 horror film, released on VHS in 1985. It was made by school children and teachers as a school project. IMDB lists the plot as:

A mute child arrives at a children's home and starts terrorizing the other children with her demonic powers.

Doesn't all that sound fun and wild? Well I promise you.... it is! It's 78mins, it's gory as fuck, and there's a lot to talk about.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0457148/

Let me know what y'all think and we can go from there :)

1.jpg
1.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 516 times
By Hatter313
Yeah i am completely ignorant of this but your recommendation + that poster are enough for me to try and make it to this for sure.
By Bezulsqy
Love to do this but as I have never been able to make it to a previous film club session don't count on me this time. But if you choose a time I will do my best to join!
By ScoJo
Okay you creeps.

Here's some new thoughts regarding day/time scheduling.

Previously I suggested a time that worked for both sides of the pond, to encourage as many as poss to join in. That means it has to be around 10pm start UK time/ 2pm PST and 5pm EST. And it has to be weekend, since that lands daytime PST.

But since the majority of folks who have joined in previously are US based, I'm open to: a very late night UK start, so it lands as a pm screening for folks in both US timezones. That would mean, if we went with say 6pm PST, that would be 9pm EST, and 2am UK time(!) As I keep 'odd' hours, that's fine by me personally. Might deter other UK/Euro folks though?

But also, doing it that way does mean we could theoretically not have to stick to only weekend slot perhaps? Again, I'm not a 9-5 worker so a weekday screening makes no odds to me in theory.

Lastly, if anybody has any other film suggestions that you think would make a good time group watch, please do shout out. SLC is a very special movie, but your mileage will definitely vary as far as 'outsider/amateur' art goes ;)

Thoughts?

Chin chin!
By Hatter313
i can do week nights as well, in fact much preferred.
By ScoJo
Cool beans!

Let's pick an evening then, the week leading up to All Hallows:

I'll suggest THURS 27th as a starting point, let me know. 6pm PST / 9pm EST / 2am UK.
By Hatter313
I like this date and time juuuuuuust fine. Works well for me.