A place for you to talk about movies / Blu Rays and anything related.

Moderators: lazyben, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
Thrilled about this, and the reveal today that the score is going to be Carpenter! officially more excited than i can imagine. We were cheated out of a carpenter firestarter score ages ago, and for this alone i'm thrilled.
By static14
Definitely more interested in the movie now :) How many different editions of the score on vinyl will there be?
By Hatter313
static14 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:56 pm Definitely more interested in the movie now :) How many different editions of the score on vinyl will there be?
hahahahahaha, we'll see what SB has in store for us all.

It's so funny, when the movie was announced i was into it, i dig the original but the book is definitely worth taking another crack at. but one of the things i did think was that there was no way the score would be able to compare to the Tangerine Dream original, which is one of my favorites from them...

Way to shut me the hell up haha, talk about a hat trick.
By inksb
Just watched the trailer, doesn't look too shabby. Tbh I'm not the biggest fan of the original so for me this is a great remake opportunity rather than this....

By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:22 pm Just watched the trailer, doesn't look too shabby. Tbh I'm not the biggest fan of the original so for me this is a great remake opportunity rather than this....

I think this is exactly the difference here you hit the nail on the head. TCM has SO many remakes, reboots, sequels, sidequels , reimaginings etc etc etc. (and i'm only here for 1 and 2)

Firestarter has one movie that is sort of whatever. I love it, but i also recognize it as weirdly truncated and paced, and kinda just a mediocre effort despite some great moments, score, and source material. (also that strange TV sequel...).

Much like Salem's Lot, these are two of King's best IMO, and while i love both original films, neither are so sacred and faithful adaptations that i'm not at least excited to see someone else take a crack.
By inksb
As a fellow Hooper fan(atic) I adore Salem's Lot but it's not perfect and could very easily be perfect source material for a good remake.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:43 pm As a fellow Hooper fan(atic) I adore Salem's Lot but it's not perfect and could very easily be perfect source material for a good remake.
Oh its coming, in production. Will Sadler as Barlow, sounds like they are sticking closer to the book in the regard. He's got such weird range i'm excited to see what he brings to the role.